• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does alien#1 cgc 9.8 ever come up for sale?

116 posts in this topic

Very rarely on sale slabbed in 9.8

I bought a stack of book 1's, book 2's, Earth Wars and Genocide's a few months back.

Possibly 3 9.8's in there but none are from the 1st series.

I did manage to grab a book 2, issue 4 earlier this year.

Vol_2_004a.jpg

You need to get this baby signed! :idea:

Just stumbled across this thread, and am filled with envy! This is a book I've been looking for for many, many years. I owned several readers/beaters as a kid, but the best copy I ever had was a 9.0/9.2 at best. As noted, that black cover is a .

I'd eventually like to put together a run of 9.6/9.8 copies of all of the printings of #1, raw or slabbed, I'm not particular. One day...

I recently purchased a collection that had 20 unread copies of the original first volume of Aliens # 1. Think I selected out only a couple for a 9.8 presecreen. That black cover really isn't very forgiving. Stay tuned for grades!

:popcorn:

I recently purchased a collection that had 20 unread copies of the original first volume of Aliens # 1. Think I selected out only a couple for a 9.8 presecreen. That black cover really isn't very forgiving. Stay tuned for grades!

They'll be going in soon on a Fast Track pre-screen. Hopefully, I'll have grades before Mega-Con.

Thought I would share these with the rest of you first series fans:

DSC05541_zps0b88c518.jpg

I bought the 1's, 2's, 3's at my lcs in '88/'89. There's a second print #1 in there too. I read one #1, 2, and 3 but the rest have been tucked away in mint condition ever since. The DHP 24's were also bought by me when released. The 4,5,6's were purchased much later so I cannot claim they are mint unread. #4 was hard for me to find.

:o

:applause:

You might remember me turning down your kind offer a few months ago for a 9.8. I hope that you can now understand why. :)

Submit them and see how many come back 9.8 White Pages. It will be fun to see.

:)

considering I have had 27 books at CGC since October 5th and haven't heard peep yet I think that little emoticon dude is going to eat a lot of popcorn while he waits!!

You're right though. I think only a couple of them have 9.8 chances. One of them maybe higher? ;)

Interesting enough, Aliens #1 first printing 9.8 has only gone up by three copies. But what I noticed is they are all SS books. At least one is the book I sold to Raphael raw which he had signed by cast members that ended up 9.8 White.

136609.jpg.a51066cc309b40f228e34ffa065e90de.jpg

This is probably my most wanted book. If anyone turns one up, let me know! (I know, I know, take a number, wait in line...)

It was my most watched, most bookmarked book this week. Heavy interest from the first few minutes listed last weekend. Congrats to the winner who is a long time customer, that is the only Aliens book I have ever found in 9.8 from the entire mini series. I've looked at alot of Aliens books over the years.

It was my most watched, most bookmarked book this week. Heavy interest from the first few minutes listed last weekend. Congrats to the winner who is a long time customer, that is the only Aliens book I have ever found in 9.8 from the entire mini series. I've looked at alot of Aliens books over the years.

Aliens #2 is the toughest of the lot to track down in 9.8 condition. So talk about crazy luck it being the one book you did find in that condition.

:applause: