• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help grade my Captain America 109 - Big Scans

13 posts in this topic

Howdy,

Thanks in advance for your comments regarding this book. WYSIWYG - Super fresh, with white pages. Smells good too! Only area of concern is the pencil check mark next to the title. More or less objectionable than a date stamp? confused-smiley-013.gif It was put there by the shop owner or distributor.

Cap109-fr-sm.jpg

Cap109-bk-sm.jpg

That's what I originally thought also, but I think CGC is tough on this book. Regardless, it looks like Jimm made some great purchases. You can never go wrong with pre-late B.A. Cap books smile.gif

Brian

Thanks, guys! Keep the comments coming. Not that it would necessarily change the grades you gave, but the overhang is not creased, merely bent. Or, I should say that it WAS bent. It's all better now... gossip.gif

In the case of this book, I think the only aspect of the marks in the overflash that matter is at the bindary corner where it's blunted down. Slight waviness in the overflash can be corrected easily. However, I'm sure the moral police will tell you that you should disclose it as restoration tongue.gif

Brian

Geez Jim, I don't think the scans are clear enough!!! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif Man, I can read just about every word of the newsprint!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif 9.2 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, maybe 9.4 checkmark couldn't be sharper - doesn't bother me in the least, except what were they checking it for???

A very nice book. I would say a solid 9.0 with a 50% chance at 9.2 This book and it's cover hides flaws very well. That's why I think CGC is hard on them. Either way, a very nice book.

Thanks, guys! Keep the comments coming. Not that it would necessarily change the grades you gave, but the overhang is not creased, merely bent. Or, I should say that it WAS bent. It's all better now... gossip.gif

as soon as i read the first comment about trimming for a 9.4 PLOD, i thought that a nice pressing might get a 9.4 Universal. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would think you'd have to have a professional press the overflash correctly. It'd be cost prohibitive cause the book isn't worth enough more in 9.4 versus a 9.0-9.2

Brian