• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is 8 not enough for Image? Really why is 10 not enough for them?

18 posts in this topic

8 Covers for one book plus they had the black and white incentive cover and plus they had the Chrome covers. Ok, I get it, different covers by different artist not a bad idea. I even understand the Incentive cover and the the Chrome is awesome so we have 10 different covers for Walking Dead 100. Now, tell me why they continue to pop out variant covers all over the place at every convention and all over the place. Do you mean to tell me a 200 book incentive is not enough? I am not going to participate in all these variants because the most successful modern books have very few variants. WD had very few variants up to this point. Chew has had very few, Y, the last man, Fables, very few variants. I think Image is wrong for such an output because I know they are not done yet you still have Baltimore and New York Cons that will be spitting out more variants.

Don't like them? Don't buy them.

After having a full run of everything TWD, I gave up in the 80s. It bothered me a tiny bit, but now, not at all.

In fact, it's liberating. I'm now highly considering getting rid of all my singles and everything else and just sticking with the HCs.

as someone here said, how many books reach 100 issues and are still HOT, and maybe getting HOTTER? worry not about how many variants there are, and more about whether you think the story/art is good.

You are right Hawkman it has reached 100 issues and they are all online. You can like the story, art and everything and still read it online. A good story has nothing to do with collecting... collecting involves value...idea that a book will be worth more tomorrow than it is today. I know and I am sorry that I no longer blindly buy books read them and fold them to put into my back pocket. Kirkman could have made this book historic just buy putting a pride aside and letting Tony Moore do a cover. I am sorry I care about value and condition of my books. I know as a mere mortal reader I am just expected to take a damaged book off the shelf each week and pay 4 bucks for it read it and shut up. I am not expected to have the same concerns as a comic book seller or producer and for that I am sorry... because I do. If I am only concerned about story I can buy a novel. I am concerned with value, longevity, profit, condition just the same as you are... I want what you want.

I am sorry I care about value and condition of my books. I know as a mere mortal reader I am just expected to take a damaged book off the shelf each week and pay 4 bucks for it read it and shut up.

Really? C'mon. Are you honestly saying it is hard to find raw 9.6/9.8 books on the shelf at the time of release?

I am concerned with value, longevity, profit, condition just the same as you are... I want what you want.

i am not concerned with any of these things. i bought WD books because i loved the story and the art. i have a full run, and quite a few of my books are VF/VF+ at best. i was buying WD books back when they were less than cover not because i had hopes of selling them for high prices one day, but because i loved the story and art. sure, i've sold some of them recently because prices went crazy, but that was never my initial intent.

i honestly can't believe there's another TWD thread.

Believe it.

There is.

And we have now both added to it... :facepalm:

TWD is the only comic that exists and simultaneously matters. Don't you know anything? It has a TV show. Nuff said.

On Topic: Lots of incentive covers drives me insane, especially when it's a comic I like. Luckily TWD doesn't tickle my fancy.

Yeah, it started getting ridiculous long ago. No matter what the comic in question would have been though, I think one cover is enough for each comic. If the insides are the same, why in the world would I buy another one?

September 1st is International Walking Dead Amnesty Day.

Anyone caught posting about TWD will get a stern telling off.

Anyone caught adding a new WD thread will be immediatly banned until November 2nd (Preventing the start of the "OMG - Did you see the first episode last night"? thread).

8 Covers for one book plus they had the black and white incentive cover and plus they had the Chrome covers. Ok, I get it, different covers by different artist not a bad idea. I even understand the Incentive cover and the the Chrome is awesome so we have 10 different covers for Walking Dead 100. Now, tell me why they continue to pop out variant covers all over the place at every convention and all over the place. Do you mean to tell me a 200 book incentive is not enough? I am not going to participate in all these variants because the most successful modern books have very few variants. WD had very few variants up to this point. Chew has had very few, Y, the last man, Fables, very few variants. I think Image is wrong for such an output because I know they are not done yet you still have Baltimore and New York Cons that will be spitting out more variants.

It's about money, TWD is popular and an easy way to sell a sheet load of books.

Reminds me of the 11 covers to The Darkness #11, chromium and all :eyeroll:

And only 500 copies is not rare, when 40+ are in 9.8 Sig Series :facepalm: