• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

The Telltale series was extremely well received. SEE!

I played it and enjoyed it very much. You should try it out. Each of the 5 chapters plays out as an episode. Lots of forks in the road with consequences and varied outcomes. You went through a lot of work looking up reviews just to smear the wrong game in my face. Nice try though. Carry on. (thumbs u

The game I mentioned was the only real game they've put out for WD.

I have the TellTale game, and I desperately tried to like it. I am predisposed to loving everything Walking Dead and it just got boring after a while. I used to like those "Choose your Path" books as a kid but something about the game didn't do it for me. It didn't feel like a game.

Then I realized it was a cheap cobbling together of webgames in an effort to cash in. Then it made sense.

And seeing as we're talking about popularity playing a role in the value of the book i think opinion has its place in this discussion. It's a fact though that a majority of people didn't know or care that there was a third crow movie. Now go ask your friends weather or not Walking Dead is coming back next season, hell, go ask a perfect stranger.

Thanks for making my point for me.

Something that USED TO BE white hot, isn't anymore and NO ONE CARES about it.

Walking Dead is white hot RIGHT NOW. In the future, just like every other once hot property, it won't be hot any more. When that happens the heat, interest, and hype you see right now won't be there to support values. It's just a fact of the cycles of popularity.

WTF is up with all these memes? I swear, some of you guys make reading this board intolerable.

Isn't a meme post just like scrolling past a sig line if you have no interest in reading them?

You can't turn off memes. lol:frustrated:

3u2ysn.jpg

lol

Truth.

:preach:

I remember when there WERE no memes.

Betcha can't remember a time when there was no Walking Dead, most people here can't.

I bought my walking dead #1 because I love the book and I bought it when I could afford to with no ill effects on me financially. For me, I could care less if it falls to $50, I will always have this book and keep it unless I really had to sell it for some odd reason. If you bought yours to flip, well it will eventually fall in price, especially after the show ends and people start to forget about it. So as any book, it's a gamble, you just need to realize when to fold'em.

I bought my walking dead #1 because I love the book and I bought it when I could afford to with no ill effects on me financially. For me, I could care less if it falls to $50, I will always have this book and keep it unless I really had to sell it for some odd reason. If you bought yours to flip, well it will eventually fall in price, especially after the show ends and people start to forget about it. So as any book, it's a gamble, you just need to realize when to fold'em.

Agreed and well said.

As with any collectible, spend whatever you can afford to lose.

If you love it, love it regardless of price.

WTF is up with all these memes? I swear, some of you guys make reading this board intolerable.

Isn't a meme post just like scrolling past a sig line if you have no interest in reading them?

You can't turn off memes. lol:frustrated:

3u2ysn.jpg

lol

No. Viewing sigs is optional.

The Telltale series was extremely well received. SEE!

I played it and enjoyed it very much. You should try it out. Each of the 5 chapters plays out as an episode. Lots of forks in the road with consequences and varied outcomes. You went through a lot of work looking up reviews just to smear the wrong game in my face. Nice try though. Carry on. (thumbs u

The game I mentioned was the only real game they've put out for WD.

I have the TellTale game, and I desperately tried to like it. I am predisposed to loving everything Walking Dead and it just got boring after a while. I used to like those "Choose your Path" books as a kid but something about the game didn't do it for me. It didn't feel like a game.

Then I realized it was a cheap cobbling together of webgames in an effort to cash in. Then it made sense.

And seeing as we're talking about popularity playing a role in the value of the book i think opinion has its place in this discussion. It's a fact though that a majority of people didn't know or care that there was a third crow movie. Now go ask your friends weather or not Walking Dead is coming back next season, hell, go ask a perfect stranger.

Thanks for making my point for me.

Something that USED TO BE white hot, isn't anymore and NO ONE CARES about it.

Walking Dead is white hot RIGHT NOW. In the future, just like every other once hot property, it won't be hot any more. When that happens the heat, interest, and hype you see right now won't be there to support values. It's just a fact of the cycles of popularity.

You're clearly missing my point here. Walking dead has far more substance then the Crow story wise and even in the 90's no one cared about the Crow movie sequels. Why don't we look up the reviews on those films...? The Crow was mainly popular because it starred Bruce lee's son and it was based on a comic book during a time when Batman and TMNT were enjoying a lot of mainstream popularity. The soundtrack was good. It branded that era in music really well but that does not a good comic book make.

So many people seem to be wishing for The Walking Dead to fall. I'm sorry that you didn't grab one before the price shot through the roof, really, i am. C'mere, you need a hug? Wash the Crow off your hands first and I may let you hold mine, through the bag of course.