• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

So many people seem to be wishing for The Walking Dead to fall. I'm sorry that you didn't grab one before the price shot through the roof, really, i am. C'mere, you need a hug? Wash the Crow off your hands first and I may let you hold mine, through the bag of course.

Thanks for showing your to the boards and simultaneously making one of the least correct statements possible.

Here's a tip: when you have no idea who you are talking to or what they collect or own it's probably unwise to whip it out like this. It's better to keep silent and have people think you are lacking, than to lay the gherkin on the table and remove all doubt.

Owning something doesn't mean you are required to lie about it and call it the first bulletproof collectible in the history of mankind. I refuse to compromise my integrity on the hopes I make an extra buck. Then again maybe you are light in that area too. So make your own choice.

The Telltale series was extremely well received. SEE!

I played it and enjoyed it very much. You should try it out. Each of the 5 chapters plays out as an episode. Lots of forks in the road with consequences and varied outcomes. You went through a lot of work looking up reviews just to smear the wrong game in my face. Nice try though. Carry on. (thumbs u

The game I mentioned was the only real game they've put out for WD.

I have the TellTale game, and I desperately tried to like it. I am predisposed to loving everything Walking Dead and it just got boring after a while. I used to like those "Choose your Path" books as a kid but something about the game didn't do it for me. It didn't feel like a game.

Then I realized it was a cheap cobbling together of webgames in an effort to cash in. Then it made sense.

And seeing as we're talking about popularity playing a role in the value of the book i think opinion has its place in this discussion. It's a fact though that a majority of people didn't know or care that there was a third crow movie. Now go ask your friends weather or not Walking Dead is coming back next season, hell, go ask a perfect stranger.

Thanks for making my point for me.

Something that USED TO BE white hot, isn't anymore and NO ONE CARES about it.

Walking Dead is white hot RIGHT NOW. In the future, just like every other once hot property, it won't be hot any more. When that happens the heat, interest, and hype you see right now won't be there to support values. It's just a fact of the cycles of popularity.

You're clearly missing my point here. Walking dead has far more substance then the Crow story wise and even in the 90's no one cared about the Crow movie sequels. Why don't we look up the reviews on those films...? The Crow was mainly popular because it starred Bruce lee's son and it was based on a comic book during a time when Batman and TMNT were enjoying a lot of mainstream popularity. The soundtrack was good. It branded that era in music really well but that does not a good comic book make.

So many people seem to be wishing for The Walking Dead to fall. I'm sorry that you didn't grab one before the price shot through the roof, really, i am. C'mere, you need a hug? Wash the Crow off your hands first and I may let you hold mine, through the bag of course.

He's not wishing for the WD bubble to burst. He's merely stating a fact.

If you have any doubts, you should read this book.

All bubbles eventually burst. Denial doesn't keep them inflated.

RWDWS_zps1c63c9db.jpg

PS

I would love to see you two compare WD collections.

You would be snuffed.

WTF is up with all these memes? I swear, some of you guys make reading this board intolerable.

Isn't a meme post just like scrolling past a sig line if you have no interest in reading them?

You can't turn off memes. lol:frustrated:

3u2ysn.jpg

lol

Too bad RMA can't read that meme.

[

18b4q.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Guest Grails
i love this thread, lots of sand in the private parts

Exactly. Coming from those who believe their WD #1 will pay off their mortgage one day. The funny thing is that most everyone here is a fan. Only a few get bent out of shape when someone mentions the book may not retain its value down the road.

Exactly. Coming from those who believe their WD #1 will pay off their mortgage one day. The funny thing is that most everyone here is a fan. Only a few get bent out of shape when someone mentions the book may not retain its value down the road.

:applause:

WTF is up with all these memes? I swear, some of you guys make reading this board intolerable.

Isn't a meme post just like scrolling past a sig line if you have no interest in reading them?

No. Viewing sigs is optional.

True, but if it's a "some of you guys" issue, that's the ignore function.

I know there are people who don't like them so usually I post the smaller sized ones if the words are visible.

(shrug)

3u2z4k.jpg

18b7c.jpg

Imagine how distraught I am, with American, German, Serbian and Argentinian #1's in my collection. If they drop what will I do? How will I pay the bills?

lol

Thanks for showing your to the boards and simultaneously making one of the least correct statements possible.

Here's a tip: when you have no idea who you are talking to or what they collect or own it's probably unwise to whip it out like this. It's better to keep silent and have people think you are lacking, than to lay the gherkin on the table and remove all doubt.

Owning something doesn't mean you are required to lie about it and call it the first bulletproof collectible in the history of mankind. I refuse to compromise my integrity on the hopes I make an extra buck. Then again maybe you are light in that area too. So make your own choice.

I said "seem". Read slower. And it absolutely seems like there are some people on this thread who are rooting for the walking dead to plummet in value based on what they are posting. You're not necessarily one of those people. I have not called you out by name. but Comix4fun, Here's a tip: Don't walk around like the all knowing comic authority and king of the boards. And try to be a little less of an individual_without_enough_empathy.

I said "seem". Read slower. And it absolutely seems like there are some people on this thread who are rooting for the walking dead to plummet in value based on what they are posting. You're not necessarily one of those people. I have not called you out by name. but Comix4fun, Here's a tip: Don't walk around like the all knowing comic authority and king of the boards. And try to be a little less of an individual_without_enough_empathy.

lol

:facepalm:

lol

18b9w.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

18ba7.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

You can't turn off memes. lol:frustrated:

3u2ysn.jpg

lol

Too bad RMA can't read that meme.

hm

Pretty sure he's not ignoring Park so he can see it. (thumbs u

3u2zym.jpg