• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

where did you get that info from?

Maybe you're confusing your terms from label to management/liaison?

Ugh. You're getting lost in points that are minutiae and irrelevant to the central point.

Short version, and the point...Fox makes all the money (with a huge chunk to Cowell ) from Idol, including but not limited to the concert tour, and the recording contract of the winner of each season.

Have you never seen the show? It's the prize they are all fighting for.

Who is Fox and why does he make all the money?

carfoxCGI_down.png

The record selling biz is a dying business my friend, it takes a show like idol to generate popularity and launch singers careers and lock them into 360 deals with the major 3 (which basically means the artist will never see a dime out of the labels sale) Music is mainly being downloaded for free and record sales are speculated to be HEAVILY bought by the labels to push the rankings up the nielsen rating charts.. Which brings me to my point.. Idol is making a ton of money but not from record sales nor from itune downloads, but mainly from managing a deal with clive davis who single handedly controls the market (Now I dont wanna start another war in here with people asking when will the Dr Luke bubble burst- it wont!)

Idol is already dying and with more and more shows airing hosting more talents, I think its safe to say that by the 4th season of WD Idol will be trailing far behind both The Voice and WD

The record selling biz is a dying business my friend, it takes a show like idol to generate popularity and launch singers careers and lock them into 360 deals with the major 3 (which basically means the artist will never see a dime out of the labels sale) Music is mainly being downloaded for free and record sales are speculated to be HEAVILY bought by the labels to push the rankings up the nielsen rating charts.. Which brings me to my point.. Idol is making a ton of money but not from record sales nor from itune downloads, but mainly from managing a deal with clive davis who single handedly controls the market (Now I dont wanna start another war in here with people asking when will the Dr Luke bubble burst- it wont!)

Idol is already dying and with more and more shows airing hosting more talents, I think its safe to say that by the 4th season of WD Idol will be trailing far behind both The Voice and WD

18g0l.jpg

So to summarize... when the WD bubble WILL burst... 20 years from now Ill still be happy with selling it for this money:

linky

Yep, all you'll need are 4 feature films grossing roughly a half-billion worldwide, another few hundred million in video and dvd sales, toy lines in constant production for over 25 years, 4 more animated series running for 19 years total, a concert tour, a theme park ride, get viacom to buy it for $60 million and finally you'll need 98% of the current census of cgc 9.8 copies of WD #1 to be destroyed to match the rarity of TMNT #1.

If you just want it to be as rare as a 9.6 you only need 95% of the print run to be destroyed. Then it might approach the same rarity.

So yeah, it'll happen.

I am glad you shot down how unlike The Crow that The WD is. Now that I see it written down WD is EXACTLY like TMNT. (thumbs u

lol

I don't think you are on the same continent as the original point.

No matter how it's explained the lines of communication are broken.

I can only imagine this must be what Dian Fossey felt like on her first day.

I don't think you are on the same continent as the original point.

No matter how it's explained the lines of communication are broken.

I can only imagine this must be what Dian Fossey felt like on her first day.

I came into this thread this morning and wondered what kind of crazy exploded in here last night.

Chris,

Since you've been making a comparison between the Crow and WD, I have a question. How much does original art from the crow do in comparison to how it was selling at the time that the series was popular in the early 90s?

The OA has steadily risen. The art from The Crow was always hard to come by, and it has such a distinctive look. Also there were only 5 issues to the story (4 published by Caliber initially) so there was never a lot to choose from.

The art market when the pieces were sold was far from the sophisticated, networked, transparent system we have today where you can track when pieces sell online, see who bought them on comicartfans or other sites, track auction results, etc. Back then pieces just disappeared without a trace. Not many people have ever seen the OA to the covers, and each piece that pops up now is a revelation.

The scarcity of Crow art has really helped it tremendously. I found a DPS of The Crow facing off against T-Bird and his gang from the climax issue of the story. It was one of only a handful of DPS's in the story, and it was pretty much perfect. I remember buying it for $1500 or $2000 or so almost 10 years ago. I've been offered several times that amount, but I know I won't be able to replace it.

There are several willing buyers for a very few amount of pieces, so prices have risen pretty consistently. When a couple of choice pages hit one of the auction houses a couple year back there was a blood sport battle for them. Pages that would have been $400-500 10 years ago went for $2000+.

The pages were sold for $100 to $200, with covers and splashes going for more initially. The OA, like most of OA has headed upwards pretty steadily since then.

Chris,

Since you've been making a comparison between the Crow and WD, I have a question. How much does original art from the crow do in comparison to how it was selling at the time that the series was popular in the early 90s?

The OA has steadily risen. The art from The Crow was always hard to come by, and it has such a distinctive look. Also there were only 5 issues to the story (4 published by Caliber initially) so there was never a lot to choose from.

The art market when the pieces were sold was far from the sophisticated, networked, transparent system we have today where you can track when pieces sell online, see who bought them on comicartfans or other sites, track auction results, etc. Back then pieces just disappeared without a trace. Not many people have ever seen the OA to the covers, and each piece that pops up now is a revelation.

The scarcity of Crow art has really helped it tremendously. I found a DPS of The Crow facing off against T-Bird and his gang from the climax issue of the story. It was one of only a handful of DPS's in the story, and it was pretty much perfect. I remember buying it for $1500 or $2000 or so almost 10 years ago. I've been offered several times that amount, but I know I won't be able to replace it.

There are several willing buyers for a very few amount of pieces, so prices have risen pretty consistently. When a couple of choice pages hit one of the auction houses a couple year back there was a blood sport battle for them. Pages that would have been $400-500 10 years ago went for $2000+.

The pages were sold for $100 to $200, with covers and splashes going for more initially. The OA, like most of OA has headed upwards pretty steadily since then.

Oh My!!! You OWN a DP splash from the original Caliber series? (worship)