• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Rfoiii,

In all honesty I fail to see what is wrong with anything I wrote. Furthermore, by saying that I sounded 'more like a conspiracy theorist than an experienced dealer’; do you really think I wanted to carry on this discussion any further? Why would anyone?

Thank you for the feedback and I can understand why you wouldn't want to continue at that point. It was meant to get you to respond to my original concern that your comment could be read perhaps in a way that you did not intend.

To be fair, I did not make an inflammatory statement until after you reacted very strongly in the first place with CAPS and all.

In any case, we don't need to carry on any further. I hear you.

Caps, really? Can I see this quote? I never responded to you in caps...

Edited to add: Please show me this post. You quoted everything I said in this thread and in the other silver age thread I mentioned I only responded to you once. I really want to see what you are referring to...

Edited by mintcollector

Rfoiii,

In all honesty I fail to see what is wrong with anything I wrote. Furthermore, by saying that I sounded 'more like a conspiracy theorist than an experienced dealer’; do you really think I wanted to carry on this discussion any further? Why would anyone?

Thank you for the feedback and I can understand why you wouldn't want to continue at that point. It was meant to get you to respond to my original concern that your comment could be read perhaps in a way that you did not intend.

To be fair, I did not make an inflammatory statement until after you reacted very strongly in the first place with CAPS and all.

Ok, not all caps. My bad, only a few words in caps. However, you appear quite agitated at this point. See below.

Yes, it's just because I don't like the price. Obviously, I was NEVER asked to manipulate auction data, right? Are you serious?

This is an extremely SPECULATIVE item, nothing more. Come see me in twenty five years when the seller can't get half that for the book.

On a unrelated note to the current popularity of the WD books and more related to the past popularity of WD books...

Cleaning out a storage room today and started throwing away old store paperwork that I don't have to keep for tax purposes anymore and looked at some old Diamond invoices.

I can say truthfully that I was able to still reorder issue # 1 from Diamond when issue # 3 was coming out.

Can't remember the print run of WD #1 ( 7700 or so? ) ... but Diamond still had them three months after initial ship.

Not that popular back then eh? As you can see, I only had 3 subscribers and one copy for the shelf on #3.

Well worth the $1.475 to reorder those five copies... now I just have to find them ;)

Still looking for the original shipping invoice which had the initial shipment of #1's on it.

img210_zpsb8e6e36c.jpg

order me two :baiting:

Not of #3, I hate that cover. Lori looks like Joe Camel

If I recall, you had also got very defensive to several other well respected board members in a silver age thread about the 'top ten silver age investment comic books of 2013' (for those who wish to view this thread this is also the name of the thread as well).

FYI - in my defense I did learn a few things in the mentioned thread and admitted it.

Wasn't it rfoiii who came out guns a-blazin', talkin' 'bout "There's no logical, earthly reason why anyone would ever free a CGC comic?" That's just how he roll. :luhv:

Yep, that didn't go well here and there.

I thought it ended well enough though. From what I observed, some people on this site just don't like to support their point of view. It appears to be mostly a take it or leave it mentality...

Dude, you come on strong and you know it. That's cool, but don't act like you don't.

I 100% own up to that and I know it is not a popular approach.

However, I am far from the worst on the site and I am definitely not mean.

rfoiii, here is the best advice you'll receive with regards to conversations here: don't take this board seriously. You'll just burn yourself out trying to win an argument, and for what?

If you want to make a point, state your facts and indicate any flaws in the other parties reasoning (preferably with humor). They usually give up after that.

Is u true?

It know u is! :insane:

Rfoiii,

Ok, not all caps. My bad, only a few words in caps. However, you appear quite agitated at this point. See below.

Yes, it's just because I don't like the price. Obviously, I was NEVER asked to manipulate auction data, right? Are you serious?

This is an extremely SPECULATIVE item, nothing more. Come see me in twenty five years when the seller can't get half that for the book.

Yes, that is all caps, right? It is your bad. If this is the worse response you ever received after calling someone a 'conspiracy theorist' versus an 'experienced dealer' I would think you should be thanking me.

Rfoiii,

Yes, that is all caps, right? It is your bad. If this is the worse response you ever received after calling someone a 'conspiracy theorist' versus an 'experienced dealer' I would think you should be thanking me.

Yes, my bad. I am sorry.

I didn't call you either of those. I insinuated the statement read like that and then stated that I didn't know you.

Not a large difference, but a difference all the same.

On a side note I was reading Karl Popper's The Myth of the Framework last year and, correct me if I am wrong, but he suggests that even argument where both sides are irrational and uncooperative can be a positive learning experience. Not sure I agree but it was an interesting idea.

Karl Popper is the man!

His philosophical approach and detailed perspective across multiple practices (science, religion, politics, etc.) is astounding!

His "paradox of tolerance" is extraordinarily insightful.

Solid add!

There's enough hot air in here to keep the bubble afloatin' for a couple more months at least! :kidaround:

I wonder how long before I get a zombie attack at my front door...

FYI - I was at SDCC and the WD 1 books weren't moving, but there was a steady stream of fans getting their pictures taken in the prison setup. I hate to say it, but WD attractions always show up to play.

The problem with number ones isn't the price. It's the availability. Why should I spend 2k with you instead of him or him or him? At least that's how I feel about it. There's two blue label 9.8s available locally of number one but why buy those when it's the same price online?

I think most people that want to buy one accept its a 2k book, there's way too many available for sale at any one time right now. Last time the price was climbing online availability was a lot lower.

The problem with number ones isn't the price. It's the availability. Why should I spend 2k with you instead of him or him or him? At least that's how I feel about it. There's two blue label 9.8s available locally of number one but why buy those when it's the same price online?

I think most people that want to buy one accept its a 2k book, there's way too many available for sale at any one time right now. Last time the price was climbing online availability was a lot lower.

+1

There are a TON for sale in high grade - Cons, shops, online, etc. Many who want GPA high prices...

Edited by rfoiii

Once it gets closer to the show starting and All out War story arc in the comics....demand will increase again.

I might even sell my entire run then.... hm

Sell now, buy early Flash books (Showcase 4 and Flash 105). Thank me when completed.

:whee:

Once it gets closer to the show starting and All out War story arc in the comics....demand will increase again.

I might even sell my entire run then.... hm

Sell now, buy early Flash books (Showcase 4 and Flash 105). Thank me when completed.

:whee:

I think you have a flash bias though don't you? Buy marvel. :baiting: