• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Do people sell #1's outside the US and Canada? I wonder if selling to other countries would help increase the supply and demand, if the supply isn't local anymore.

It's difficult picking one up because it's so expensive in local currency, and the shipping with insurance adds a lot...but there is definitely a demand albeit small

I'll try to pick up some 9.8s and sell to the oil tycoons. hm

i'd ask George if i truly cared, could even be bad input.

Edited by paperheart

true, I think it's happened before...

can you imagine the Walking Dead market crashing cause ebay's database has an error? :eek:

Walking Dead #1 has leveled off to it's max now while the show is running.

CGC 9.8's of #1 will be constantly trading between $1800-2000 ($100-200 surcharge more for those moronic "black labels")

After Show ends.....

$1200-1300 in CGC 9.8

$700-800 in CGC 9.6

Followed by 15-20% less than that after a couple years off the air.

Figure WD #1 CGC 9.8 will be a 1K book when it is all said and done.

Only higher price movement for WD issues now are issues numbers that introduce side characters and villains like Abraham or Negan if they ever make a TV appearance.

I will say that WD #2 continues to prove is market power is strong. Book is just tough to find a clean back cover, but the rest of the issues such as #1, 3-9, 19, and 27 are maxed out with only a downward price adjustment coming in a coupe years if not sooner (which is a good thing).

Walking Dead will never have a bubble burst just a deflationary period to realistic values over time.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

CGC 9.8's of #1 will be constantly trading between $1800-2000 ($100-200 surcharge more for those moronic "black labels")

After Show ends.....

$1200-1300 in CGC 9.8

$700-800 in CGC 9.6

Only higher price movement for WD issues now are issues numbers that introduce side characters and villains like Abraham or Negan if they ever make a TV appearance.

I will say that WD #2 continues to prove is market power is strong. Book is just tough to find a clean back cover, but the rest of the issues such as #1, 3-9, 19, and 27 are maxed out with only a downward price adjustment coming in a coupe years if not sooner (which is a good thing).

Walking Dead will never have a bubble burst just a deflationary period to realistic values over time.

I think this is pretty much what will happen. The book itself is probably not worth 1K in 9.8 but the limited run means that it will probably maintain that level of significant value.

After Show ends.....

$1200-1300 in CGC 9.8

$700-800 in CGC 9.6

I think this is pretty much what will happen. The book itself is probably not worth 1K in 9.8 but the limited run means that it will probably maintain that level of significant value.

"The book itself is probably not worth 1K in 9.8 but the limited run means that it will probably maintain that level of significant value."

This makes no sense, if you think it will maintain that value then it is worth that amount...