• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

It's decent.

It's getting boring....

It's getting way boring. The writers seem to have run out of good ideas so just recycle old ones. Add a bunch of new people to the group so you can have a blood bath. Have the Governor head up a new group so you can have another assault on the prison. Only this time, instead of setting up traps in the prison Rick's group will apparently stand at the fence guns ready.

I'm especially tired of the Governor. I can't believe they are going to have prison assult II. At least not so soon. Maybe two years from now I'd find it interesting.

I can't see 9.8 #1s retaining a value of 1k. Most of the appeal of the book was its rising value. People loved it because it's value was skyrocketing & wanted a piece of the action. 2c

It is not going to devalue by 50-60%. Ten years from now I think #1 in CGC 9.8 is still easily a $1K to 1100 book.

WD #1 is still the AF 15 of the modern age or the TNMT #1 of this generation.

I can't see 9.8 #1s retaining a value of 1k. Most of the appeal of the book was its rising value. People loved it because it's value was skyrocketing & wanted a piece of the action. 2c

It is not going to devalue by 50-60%. Ten years from now I think #1 in CGC 9.8 is still easily a $1K to 1100 book.

10 years from now CGC will most likely be long gone.

TMNT has been a marketable property for decades, with different permutations of an animated series, a handful of movies, and merchandising that only Pokemon and a handful of other properties could even sniff. Walking Dead has been a decent TV show for 4 years.

A decent TV show? Have you seen the ratings for WD?

According to a recent Entertainment Weekly article

"• The Walking Dead is 23 percent bigger among adults 18-49 than NBC’s Sunday Night Football (8.4), which is broadcast’s top rated weekly telecast.

• The biggest entertainment nowadays is CBS’ The Big Bang Theory (7.7), which has more viewers than The Walking Dead. But its demo rating is nowhere close.

• You know ABC’s Scandal (4.8)? One of the biggest hits on TV, right? Well, The Walking Dead doubles its rating.

• In fact, The Walking Dead is about equal to almost five episodes of CBS’ The Mentalist (2.3).

• And seven episodes of NBC’s Sean Saves the World (1.5).

• You can fit about nine episodes of The CW’s Arrow (1.1), Comedy Central’s The Daily Show (1.1), TNT’s Franklin & Bash (1.0) or HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (1.2) inside The Walking Dead.

• Or roughly 51 episodes of Fox News’ Hannity (0.19).

Okay! I feel like you get the point. It beats everything."

What do ratings have to do with my feelings on a show?

I thought you meant decent in terms of popularity equating into value for the books. If you just feel the show is decent, that's fine.

I'm not hyping it up as I think the show has been a bit boring lately. I didn't watch Sunday's episode yet but if this were the first two seasons....I would have watched it already.

And, whoever mentioned Jersey Shore....horrible comparison. They didn't have ratings like WD...not even close.

The Superbowl has good rating, but that doesn't mean it was a good game.

The last two episodes of the show have been decent and hopefully this mid-season finale will be solid. However as a WD fan the show has been very lackluster will many filler and repetitive episodes.

Yes another supply run where they let their guard down again and a jobber of a character gets killed....... zzz Just like Lori I feel I want Rick to die. He is annoying me to no end on the show. I might sell my WD collection because he is so annoying on the show.

Why do you think CGC will be going away?

If you think because they will have a competitor than I would say you are incorrect.

If you think because they will have a competitor than I would say you are incorrect.

I'd say because TAT's are going to get up to a year or more at this pace, for Fast Track.

I'd say because TAT's are going to get up to a year or more at this pace, for Fast Track.

Even though your hyberbole of a comment will never happen that still wouldn't prove why CGC wouldn't be around.

No competition ever

10 years from now $1k will only be worth $788

Well don't you mean the opposite with Ben Bernanke and his inflationary economic wisdom. Soon a bag of chips will cost us $9.99.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

And that is most likely what will happen with most of today's "hot" comics. They stagnate in price while time and inflation lower the value of the books. Meanwhile other books published at the same time slowly catch up to them in price.

Well don't you mean the opposite with Ben Bernanke and his inflationary economic wisdom. Soon a bag of chips will cost us $9.99.

John:

Tell me what the rate of inflation is over Bernanke's term?

John:

You should stick to topics you might have a clue about. Your post is borderline political and it's 100% wrong. Tell me what the rate of inflation is over Bernanke's term?

Mike is was an obvious joke.

I assumed the poster was jabbing at the state of the USA economy.

However if you think Ben is doing a good job in any of his terms then we probably couldn't agree on much of anything going forward.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Even though your hyberbole of a comment will never happen that still wouldn't prove why CGC wouldn't be around.

No competition ever

I wouldn't go that far. Coins and cards all have 3-4 major, respected grading companies and several each that come and go. It mostly depends on if another grading company sees an opening. Or - and this is one of the ways it happened in coins and sportscards - if one or several big dealers band together and form a grading company because of what they see as poor service/prices to high.

I can think of several dealers off the top of my head that if they wanted to do this have the staff, space, inventory and reputation. They only have to think there is a need.

My fast track modern received 11/4 is still sitting on graded. It's at least 3 days overdue subtracting holidays and shows.

None of the above means CGC would go out of business. But a competitor is a very real possibility.

The WD show sucks this year.

I am sure that people said the same things about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. try to find a # 1 of that for under $1,000.

WD is as popular as it ever was. It will take a while before prices come down.

I bought my Turtles #1 for $66 shipped...about a 9.2...in 1999, 15 years after it was printed, in a typical eBay auction that ran full course, 7 days. My max bid was $125.

:facepalm:

Yes, I mean $788 will be worth $1k, judging by the past 10 years' inflation. I don't think I'd ever pay $10 for a bag of chips though. In 40 years I'm going to be one of those old guys complaining about how things used to be cheaper.

:gossip:you were right the first time...

No competition ever

I wouldn't go that far. Coins and cards all have 3-4 major, respected grading companies and several each that come and go. It mostly depends on if another grading company sees an opening. Or - and this is one of the ways it happened in coins and sportscards - if one or several big dealers band together and form a grading company because of what they see as poor service/prices to high.

I can think of several dealers off the top of my head that if they wanted to do this have the staff, space, inventory and reputation. They only have to think there is a need.

And come up with the $1 mill+ you'd need to get a business like this off the ground. Can you think of several dealers (outside of auction houses) who have that kind of cash lying around?

:facepalm:

It was a joke you trolling tool-bag.