• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharpComics.com is live!!!

20 posts in this topic

Many years in the making, I am pleased to announce the launch of my new website, SharpComics.com. :)

While some finishing touches are being tweaked, the basic format of the site is complete and ready to surf. I will be listing new inventory weekly; raw and certified books and magazines.

I encourage constructive feedback, as the developer and I really want to make your experience with the site a smooth and positive one, from signup to checkout; tells us how you feel and how we can make the site better for you (thumbs u .

SharpComics.com

We appreciate your business!

http://www.sharpcomics.com/

All images are stock for now. Individual scans specific to the book will be uploaded on an as needed basis. All certified books will eventually have unique scans. For now, raw books will be uploaded based on value, demand, and just plain time-on-hand. :)

Many years in the making, I am pleased to announce the launch of my new website, SharpComics.com. :)

While some finishing touches are being tweaked, the basic format of the site is complete and ready to surf. I will be listing new inventory weekly; raw and certified books and magazines.

I encourage constructive feedback, as the developer and I really want to make your experience with the site a smooth and positive one, from signup to checkout; tells us how you feel and how we can make the site better for you (thumbs u .

SharpComics.com

You need a scan of your George Lucas Star Wars comic. ;)

Why do you have a generic image instead of the book for sale? I looked at your IM 55 and the description is a 8.0 SS book but the image isn't?

+1, Hard to buy something without a decent high res scan.

Ask and ye shall receive (thumbs u

Why do you have a generic image instead of the book for sale? I looked at your IM 55 and the description is a 8.0 SS book but the image isn't?

+1, Hard to buy something without a decent high res scan.

Ask and ye shall receive (thumbs u

:grin:

All images are stock for now. Individual scans specific to the book will be uploaded on an as needed basis. All certified books will eventually have unique scans. For now, raw books will be uploaded based on value, demand, and just plain time-on-hand. :)

Looks nice Brad.

I'd prefer to see prices below each thumbnail rather than having to click the thumbnail to see them.

As it sits now you just have the thumbnails on the home page. I don't see any search boxes. Certainly will become unworkable if you add hundreds or thousands of books but I'm assuming you plan to address that.

1. Scan of item.

2. Assuming your inventory grows, search by title, issue, grade, etc. is more or less expected instead of all of the books in random assorted/added order.

3. Present items in a search table where we can sort by any column.

4. Price of item before clicking thumbnail.

1. Scan of item.

2. Assuming your inventory grows, search by title, issue, grade, etc. is more or less expected instead of all of the books in random assorted/added order.

3. Present items in a search table where we can sort by any column.

4. Price of item before clicking thumbnail.

I'm fairly certain a lot of those features will be available shortly ;)

SharpComics.com

Looks really good. I looked at the site before looking to see what others had already said, so some of this will be repeat info:

1) When I see thumbnails of comics, I want to see prices and grades without clicking the popup. When I see the grades and prices, something may well catch my eye ("ooh, I've neever seen one of THOSE in a 9.8" or "Hey, that price looks really attractive") that I might otherwise not even look at.

2) Everything must have a grade and a price. When I see something like "Batman #227, $599.95", that information is useless to me unless there's also a grade listed on the site. I'm guessing this one was unintentionally omitted. If I find something like that, unless the book is one of my top 3 grails, I won't bother to send an email and say "What's the grade of Book X."

3) I'm looking forward to the sort feature. It'll be critical as your inventory grows.

4) The popup dialogs with product details are nice, but I personally prefer popups on mouseover. I want to be able to hover over the item, have a popup display whatever details I might need, and then be able to add the item to my cart with one click. Instead of "click for details, click to order, click to close popup", the process becomes "mouseover for details, click to order." A much easier experience, IMO.

5) The site needs significantly larger scans, so I can 1) determine whether I agree with the posted grade [whether CGC or not] and 2) look for other items not noted in the description or label. Arrival dates? Not for me. Off-center? Depends on the book. Cream pages? You get the picture.

Best of luck with the site!