• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay buyer jrquinonez

16 posts in this topic

Thought yall might like to add this non paying buyer to your block list.

Got a message soon after accepting a best offer that he had a family emergency and couldn't pay. I sent this -

"Sorry to hear about your emergency. In order to get refunded my fee for selling the item I will have to open a non paying bidder case for the item.

If you need time to pay paypal offers a bill me later service, and also allows you to pay with a credit card."

He sent a couple messages begging me to just cancel which I ignored, and opened the payment not received case. I then got this message from him -

"well its ok but it if you want to be a good seller be fast to reply because you take your sweet time, i am a seller and it happen to the best of us and we know how to deal with those people you just need to know how to really be a good sales person and be understanble and it wont matter my account wont be suspended so wait your four days and then get your money back but i was just trying to help you but i guess you have things "under control" ill see you around good day "seller"

- jrquinonez"

Cut and pasted exactly as received. Nonsensical and rambling.

Anyways I messaged him and told him to "be a good person" and honor his purchase and he said "LOL move on."

Class act right here.

Hopefully he was saving up for a copy of Strunk and White and a correspondence English course.

I think he got his college degree from this school:

hqdefault.jpg

As I found out with the "dotty" person from two weeks ago, it riles them up even more when they get random people messaging them to let them know why they are being blocked from bidding by multiple sellers.

Blocked. Man, it sounds like all these non-paying bidders have the same sob stories. Is there another board out in there in the Interwebs were they all collude together? .... hm
you're talking about the NPBS (non-paying bidders society). They get together, make up far fetched reasons for non-payments, compare notes on sellers who don't take their , drop vowels out of words....all in it sounds like they have a good weekend.

Blocked. Man, it sounds like all these non-paying bidders have the same sob stories. Is there another board out in there in the Interwebs were they all collude together? .... hm
you're talking about the NPBS (non-paying bidders society). They get together, make up far fetched reasons for non-payments, compare notes on sellers who don't take their , drop vowels out of words....all in it sounds like they have a good weekend.

:roflmao:

As I found out with the "dotty" person from two weeks ago, it riles them up even more when they get random people messaging them to let them know why they are being blocked from bidding by multiple sellers.

What?!? They have rights to bid you know. Everyone in America has a right to bid on something...why should they be denied? Why? WHY?!?!?

:facepalm:

Here's another:

"Dear downtowncollector,

Hey go ahead and sell the brick to someone else. I don't have the money I once did for it. Had to replace sewer line in my house. Sorry :-/-

jbeck022"

I replied:

"Dear jbeck022,

Thanks for the message. I have opened an unpaid item claim to recoup my final value fees.

Best, Andy--

downtowncollector"

5 weeks later...

"Why did you open a claim? Instead of letting the next guy buy that brick now I'm not allowed to buy from this site. Thanks-

jbeck022"

Apparently, he's a repeat offender.

Thanks for posting that. Awesome read. I'm pretty sure you still get your fees back if you both agree to cancel the transaction....I've done this a bunch of times lately with people and their sob stories as long as it's not a big $$$ item. Correct me if i'm wrong. These types it's usually not worth the hassle to go back and fourth with them hoping they will pay, so the form for agreeing to cancel the transaction is what i've been using. That does get them out of punishment though, so maybe that's not for everyone or every instance.

Thanks for posting that. Awesome read. I'm pretty sure you still get your fees back if you both agree to cancel the transaction....I've done this a bunch of times lately with people and their sob stories as long as it's not a big $$$ item. Correct me if i'm wrong. These types it's usually not worth the hassle to go back and fourth with them hoping they will pay, so the form for agreeing to cancel the transaction is what i've been using. That does get them out of punishment though, so maybe that's not for everyone or every instance.

You do get your fees back, but they don't get an unpaid item strike. I myself block buyers with unpaid item strikes, so I won't cancel transactions. I wouldnt want someone buying from me who has gotten away with a bunch of canceled transactions just to do the same to me.