• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Russ Cochran Comic Art Auctions - a 30 years Retrospective
2 2

1,169 posts in this topic

auction1d-14.jpg

I bought item # 21, HAUNT OF FEAR No. 6 cover by Johnny Craig, which some years later I traded-away to Benno Roschild, as part of a deal against a favorite VAULT OF HORROR cover that he owned. More of this story later in this thread . . .

auction1f-14.jpg

From this auction I also bought item # 45, "Prisoner of War!" by Harvey Kurtzman. I later traded-away this 6-page story to a collector friend.

I currently own item # 42, Harvey Kurtzman's cover art to FRONTLINE COMBAT # 4, which I traded a Wally Wood story for.

FrontlineCombat-CAF-1.jpg

This is a perfect representation of my mental state after reading this thread. :cry:

auction1f-7.jpg

See, I see it the other way. I see tons of art that is definitely out there. And apparently in the hands of old farts who may predecease me if I can ever start to diet and exercise more. So any 20 and 30 year olds out there better be prepared to shell out big bucks because they will get their chances soon enough. I was in college and high school when these catalogs came out, and I am having mild health issues already. These guys will shuffle off this mortal coil soon enough, and then I will be waiting. In fact, maybe we could help them along some. EC would want it that way. I will be the Crypt Keeper if someone can be my Vault Keeper. I already have an Old Witch upstairs so I can supply her as well. Maybe some needles and knives to the eyes to start with.

:jokealert:

(PM me if you want to help out.)

Edited by Bird

See, I see it the other way. I see tons of art that is definitely out there. And apparently in the hands of old farts who may predecease me if I can ever start to diet and exercise more. So any 20 and 30 year olds out there better be prepared to shell out big bucks because they will get their chances soon enough. I was in college and high school when these catalogs came out, and I am having mild health issues already. These guys will shuffle off this mortal coil soon enough, and then I will be waiting. In fact, maybe we could help them along some. EC would want it that way. I will be the Crypt Keeper if someone can be my Vault Keeper. I already have an Old Witch upstairs so I can supply her as well. Maybe some needles and knives to the eyes to start with.

:jokealert:

(PM me if you want to help out.)

You make me feel so . . . so . . .

Vulnerable? :cry: