• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I just complaining again???

14 posts in this topic

they are very lenient on production flaws on gold books Plus eye appeal wise that book is pretty sweet!. If I was in the market for it and it was unslabbed I doubt a dealer could convince me of a VF- on it though

And check out those juicy staples. I thought CGC noted "rusty staples" even after they deleted grader's notes....

On that subject, does CGC note anything on their new Universal label? It's been a long time since I've seen anything, and there have been a few GA books (with notations of internal flaws) that were re-subbed and came back blank.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Looks like the graders were blinded by the clean glossy look of the rest of the book and were lenient with the corner and staple. Still, I don't think it's grossly overgraded - I wouldn't argue with a 6.5, and even calling it a 7.0 isn't unrealistic.

That's one of those CGCs that seems less of a grade and more of an appraisal- meaning it could sell for the 7.5 price, so it gets a 7.5 on the slab regardless of the actual condition of the book. I would site that infamous Action #1 GD+ as another, even more severe example of this.

Nice fast turnaround on the resub, and the pages got nicer too. Is this book overvalued? I notice it guides for more than #3, but I would think with the classic/1st Red Skull cover, that 3 would be a more desirable book.

Holy cow, When I first looked at your picture post I thought I screwed up when I called it a 7.5 then I realized the resubmit. the thing that really concerns me here is the difference in value between a 6.0 to a 7.5. I mainly use CGC as a real rough gauge on condition (and I do mean REAL rough). I have said it before and I will say it again, that is what I like about Heritage. They give huge scans which allows you to decide fore yourself.

I don't know that I'd call that a "chunk" out of the BC, but that ain't no 8.5.

For an 8.5, it's a chunk. For a 4.0, it's a piece. How's that? grin.gif