• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBayer "hotdogmary11" (now "stature7") Is A DISHONEST and DECEITFUL Buyer

71 posts in this topic

This reminds me of NFL players who demand to restructure their contract once they have a good season.

NFL player contracts aren't guaranteed. If the player gets hurt the team can cut him. If the owners don't want players to be able to restructure deals then they can move to make all contracts guaranteed. That agreement is a two-way street. Next analogy!

True - I hate it when I'm wrong

This guy must be one heck of a coward. He had his WIFE (Hot Dog Mary...hot nickname!) call and leave a nasty message on my answering machine. It was barely intelligible, but something about how I am a "bad hacker" (?!?), and how " you better stop messin' wit' my eBay account or you'll be in trouble!". Too funny. Apparently it's ok for them to lie, cheat, and steal...but clearly everyone else is held to a different standard.

I can't WAIT to respond to the Paypal claim. I'm sure they will probably get their money back, but Paypal will be well informed about the character of these customers in the process. ;-)

This guy must be one heck of a coward. He had his WIFE (Hot Dog Mary...hot nickname!) call and leave a nasty message on my answering machine. It was barely intelligible, but something about how I am a "bad hacker" (?!?), and how " you better stop messin' wit' my eBay account or you'll be in trouble!". Too funny. Apparently it's ok for them to lie, cheat, and steal...but clearly everyone else is held to a different standard.

I can't WAIT to respond to the Paypal claim. I'm sure they will probably get their money back, but Paypal will be well informed about the character of these customers in the process. ;-)

Can you upload that audio clip and post it? I'm sure we'd all get a good chuckle out of it!

I'd advise you KEEP the voice message (as well as any emails) in the event their harassment continues and escalates, you'll have proof to file a police report and protect yourself. You can easily back it up by video taping the audio.

Don't relay too much on either Pay Pal and/or eBay to respond in your favor to anything even with hard facts supporting your case including emails, communication, etc. from buyers who are committing fraud or breaking their rules.

I wish you well in your venture and feel your pain in the challenges of the system.

Wish I knew how to do that, but...it's on my home answering machine.

I talked to him for a twice for a while and I believe he told me he deals with Comic art or something like that. I had a problem with him because he place two different orders and was invoiced and never paid either time. It almost sounded like he was faking his voice but he made a couple mistakes with info when I talked to him and basically I think he thought he found a quick way to make a buck. I turned him into ebay and regret calling somebody like that. He literally talked and talked.

The days of a hand shake and your word being bond are long over. Its pathetic...people do not grasp the value of their word and how important it truly is. Its sad, but in my world you prove your worth now, I no longer assume you have any. Sorry to hear your deal got screwed up.

Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure the world has always been full of dishonest people. The internet just makes them more accessible.

I wasn't speaking just of online interactions...I was speaking of the world as a whole now. Honor, duty, respect...they are all dead concepts and found very few and far between.

I understood what you were speaking of and I think you're completely wrong. Yes, there are terrible people now. There were terrible people when you were knee-high to a cockroach and there were terrible people when Bonk was headbutting dinosaurs. There were also people full of honor, duty and respect during all of those periods. This idea that everything was perfect and sweet "then" and everything is horrible and dirty "now" is a total fallacy and fairly tired at this point.

I have to agree.

I've had experiences like this, on and off, since I started collecting comics in the late 70s. From my side of the table, I'm talking about dealers reneging on an agreed price. Of course, I never went back to them again because you could always find the book somewhere else, and that's much easier to do now online.