• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBayer "hotdogmary11" (now "stature7") Is A DISHONEST and DECEITFUL Buyer

71 posts in this topic

The days of a hand shake and your word being bond are long over. Its pathetic...people do not grasp the value of their word and how important it truly is. Its sad, but in my world you prove your worth now, I no longer assume you have any. Sorry to hear your deal got screwed up.

The days of a hand shake and your word being bond are long over. Its pathetic...people do not grasp the value of their word and how important it truly is. Its sad, but in my world you prove your worth now, I no longer assume you have any.

It's an unfortunate side effect of the relative anonymity afforded by the Internet.

The days of a hand shake and your word being bond are long over. Its pathetic...people do not grasp the value of their word and how important it truly is. Its sad, but in my world you prove your worth now, I no longer assume you have any. Sorry to hear your deal got screwed up.

Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure the world has always been full of dishonest people. The internet just makes them more accessible.

Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure the world has always been full of dishonest people. The internet just makes them more accessible.

....and to provide them with more oppurtunity. That's why I like the Boards and the Auction houses......eBay is just too much like roulette. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I wasn't speaking just of online interactions...I was speaking of the world as a whole now. Honor, duty, respect...they are all dead concepts and found very few and far between.

I buy all of my books with time payments now. My car tends to break down everytime I engage in a big purchase of comic books(has happened 4 times). So doing it over time keeps me safe from disaster. The key is to open a time payment situation with a reputable seller and agree on a non refundable payment. So in case something does freakishly happen. Everyone wins.

I buy all of my books with time payments now. My car tends to break down everytime I engage in a big purchase of comic books(has happened 4 times). So doing it over time keeps me safe from disaster. The key is to open a time payment situation with a reputable seller and agree on a non refundable payment. So in case something does freakishly happen. Everyone wins.

If the deposit is sent through PayPal, non-refundable becomes refundable.

I wasn't speaking just of online interactions...I was speaking of the world as a whole now. Honor, duty, respect...they are all dead concepts and found very few and far between.

I understood what you were speaking of and I think you're completely wrong. Yes, there are terrible people now. There were terrible people when you were knee-high to a cockroach and there were terrible people when Bonk was headbutting dinosaurs. There were also people full of honor, duty and respect during all of those periods. This idea that everything was perfect and sweet "then" and everything is horrible and dirty "now" is a total fallacy and fairly tired at this point.

If the deposit is sent through PayPal, non-refundable becomes refundable.

I guess. Idk the rules. Honor system (thumbs u

I understood what you were speaking of and I think you're completely wrong. Yes, there are terrible people now. There were terrible people when you were knee-high to a cockroach and there were terrible people when Bonk was headbutting dinosaurs. There were also people full of honor, duty and respect during all of those periods. This idea that everything was perfect and sweet "then" and everything is horrible and dirty "now" is a total fallacy and fairly tired at this point.

I agree. There have always been shltty people. We are just more aware of them now. There have always been good people and there are just as many now.

The broad, sweeping generalization that people are so much more _____ is just lazy and not based in reality.

On August 12th, Fred agreed to buy my Walking Dead 100 Comixology Variant CGC 9.8 SS (Kirkman/Adlard/Ottley) for $1000 with time payments. I agreed to hold the book for him for up to two months, and he made an initial deposit via PP of $330.

Today he emails me to let me know that he has found the same book now for $875. He asked if I would lower my price to $875. I explained to him that a deal is a deal, and I placed the book on hold for him on the 12th for $1000, which also prevented me from selling the book to anyone else during that time. I also pointed out the fact that, had the book gone up in value and was now selling at $1500, he would not be volunteering to pay me more money...he would fully expect me to honor the original terms of our agreement. Apparently, though, this only goes one way. The SELLER has to agree to the terms of the deal as long as they are beneficial to the BUYER...otherwise, all bets are off.

Today he filed an "item not received" dispute with Paypal to get his money back so he can break his word and buy from someone else. It's amazing to me that someone is so willing to sell their reputation to save $125.

You may want to consider blocking him on eBay immediately. And...if he happens to be a CGC forum member, I'd love to hear it.

Did you think of sending him a receipt for his deposit along with a note regarding his balance due and time frame, via priority mail with delivery confirmation?

That's what he purchased from you with his deposit, acknowledgment of his partial payment and an agreement to pay in full by a certain date.

Then you could give paypal the DC number, and claim you delivered what he's purchased so far, which is nothing but a receipt and a chance to get the book once he's paid up in full.

If he's going to game the system on you, you should play every legal and honest technicality you can for yourself.

Legally, he's got zero leg to stand on. He's liable nine ways to Sunday.

My lesson out of this...

If Im a seller and someone wants time payments and I dont know him/her well, then the deposit must be via Check/MO and clear.

All of the convenience of being able to have money come to me easily, unfortunately means it can also slip away easily based on the way ebay/paypal are currently set up.

On August 12th, Fred agreed to buy my Walking Dead 100 Comixology Variant CGC 9.8 SS (Kirkman/Adlard/Ottley) for $1000 with time payments. I agreed to hold the book for him for up to two months, and he made an initial deposit via PP of $330.

Today he emails me to let me know that he has found the same book now for $875. He asked if I would lower my price to $875. I explained to him that a deal is a deal, and I placed the book on hold for him on the 12th for $1000, which also prevented me from selling the book to anyone else during that time. I also pointed out the fact that, had the book gone up in value and was now selling at $1500, he would not be volunteering to pay me more money...he would fully expect me to honor the original terms of our agreement. Apparently, though, this only goes one way. The SELLER has to agree to the terms of the deal as long as they are beneficial to the BUYER...otherwise, all bets are off.

Today he filed an "item not received" dispute with Paypal to get his money back so he can break his word and buy from someone else. It's amazing to me that someone is so willing to sell their reputation to save $125.

You may want to consider blocking him on eBay immediately. And...if he happens to be a CGC forum member, I'd love to hear it.

Did you think of sending him a receipt for his deposit along with a note regarding his balance due and time frame, via priority mail with delivery confirmation?

That's what he purchased from you with his deposit, acknowledgment of his partial payment and an agreement to pay in full by a certain date.

Then you could give paypal the DC number, and claim you delivered what he's purchased so far, which is nothing but a receipt and a chance to get the book once he's paid up in full.

If he's going to game the system on you, you should play every legal and honest technicality you can for yourself.

^^

I agree. There have always been shltty people. We are just more aware of them now. There have always been good people and there are just as many now.

The broad, sweeping generalization that people are so much more _____ is just lazy and not based in reality.

You got me...my thinking is totally lazy, fairly tired, and not based in reality. Kewl. (thumbs u

I agree but doesn't paypal have procedures to ensure the item you send isn't just a piece of paper?

Otherwise every scammer would just send an empty box with delivery confirmation.

I'm very sorry this happend to the OP :(

There have always been honest and dishonest people in the world but times have changed and I have no doubt the world is generally a more dangerous and dishonest place.

I've always believed that the bigger the city and the larger the population, the more impersonal and dishonest people become in general. You're more likely to rip someone off or behave badly if you don't know him, and you're more likely to rip someone off if you think a large population gives you anonymity. Square that for the internet.