• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBayer "hotdogmary11" (now "stature7") Is A DISHONEST and DECEITFUL Buyer

71 posts in this topic

On August 12th, Fred agreed to buy my Walking Dead 100 Comixology Variant CGC 9.8 SS (Kirkman/Adlard/Ottley) for $1000 with time payments. I agreed to hold the book for him for up to two months, and he made an initial deposit via PP of $330.

Today he emails me to let me know that he has found the same book now for $875. He asked if I would lower my price to $875. I explained to him that a deal is a deal, and I placed the book on hold for him on the 12th for $1000, which also prevented me from selling the book to anyone else during that time. I also pointed out the fact that, had the book gone up in value and was now selling at $1500, he would not be volunteering to pay me more money...he would fully expect me to honor the original terms of our agreement. Apparently, though, this only goes one way. The SELLER has to agree to the terms of the deal as long as they are beneficial to the BUYER...otherwise, all bets are off.

Today he filed an "item not received" dispute with Paypal to get his money back so he can break his word and buy from someone else. It's amazing to me that someone is so willing to sell their reputation to save $125.

You may want to consider blocking him on eBay immediately. And...if he happens to be a CGC forum member, I'd love to hear it.

Never, ever, ever do time payments through PayPal. I know it sucks to be hoodwinked out of the deal, but at least you still have your book.

It could have been a lot worse, in the sense that he completed the time payments and then filed the "item not received" and you would have been out the money and the book.

Are you protected by PayPal if you pay in installments ? I thought it only applied to payments in full. How can he file an item not received if he only paid part of the total amount ?

Never take payments on a book being sold at the top of a market frenzy.

What? $1000 for a book just published sounds totally normal to me. :whistle:

I don't hate the player or the game, but it certainly is what it is. lol

Spoken like a Zen master. I still say you have to watch more Cheech and Chong, though.

What? $1000 for a book just published sounds totally normal to me. :whistle:

I don't hate the player or the game, but it certainly is what it is. lol

I told that to my client the other week, and he almost slapped me. :whistle:

On August 12th, Fred agreed to buy my Walking Dead 100 Comixology Variant CGC 9.8 SS (Kirkman/Adlard/Ottley) for $1000 with time payments. I agreed to hold the book for him for up to two months, and he made an initial deposit via PP of $330.

Today he emails me to let me know that he has found the same book now for $875. He asked if I would lower my price to $875. I explained to him that a deal is a deal, and I placed the book on hold for him on the 12th for $1000, which also prevented me from selling the book to anyone else during that time. I also pointed out the fact that, had the book gone up in value and was now selling at $1500, he would not be volunteering to pay me more money...he would fully expect me to honor the original terms of our agreement. Apparently, though, this only goes one way. The SELLER has to agree to the terms of the deal as long as they are beneficial to the BUYER...otherwise, all bets are off.

Today he filed an "item not received" dispute with Paypal to get his money back so he can break his word and buy from someone else. It's amazing to me that someone is so willing to sell their reputation to save $125.

You may want to consider blocking him on eBay immediately. And...if he happens to be a CGC forum member, I'd love to hear it.

Was this transaction done OFF of eBay?

If it was through eBay, what was the item #?

You need to file against hotdogmary11 ASAP!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Unfortunately, it was off eBay. He had bought a few other books from me, and I had another buyer for this one, but I held it for him as a favor. Funny that the first time I talked to him on the phone, he was asking to hold another book which he would then pay for three days later upon his return from WW Chicago. He went on and on about how trustworthy he is, and he always pays his debts, etc, etc. What. A. Joke.

Are you protected by PayPal if you pay in installments ? I thought it only applied to payments in full. How can he file an item not received if he only paid part of the total amount ?

Yea, I don't understand this. I didn't even realize PayPal supported time payments in some explicit way, but if you're in the middle of the payments, how on earth does it make any sense for them to allow the buyer to suddenly file an "item not received" dispute? Of COURSE it hasn't been received--they haven't finished paying for it yet! Am I missing something, or did you not use PayPal's time payments? Or can you not even use them separate from eBay transactions?

He went on and on about how trustworthy he is, and he always pays his debts, etc, etc. What. A. Joke.

I think the more people carry on about things they want to reinforce about themselves, the less the actually do it in practice.

Blocked. With authority. Actually this gave me a good excuse to update my blocked list with all the bums that shall not touch my precious comics for sale.