• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Mexico villain in the 1960's?

16 posts in this topic

Question : I was speaking with a co worker about come books and he said he used to read Batman in Mexico when he lived there, in the 1960's. He said they had to create a Batman Mexican villain so they could sell and market the book in Mexico?

Anyone have an idea who the villain was and what type of comic books there were? I think I found someone who really loves comic books and this would get him started again.

Thanks.

yeah but as far as i can remember Batman wasn't in Green Lantern #40

As far as someone had told me, this title encompassed Brave & the Bold, Batman, Demon, Detective Comics, Batman Family, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League, Kamandi, Manbat, Mister Miracle, New Gods, Shazam, Showcase, Super Team Family, DC Super Stars, Untold Legend of Batman, andWorld Finest

My guess is they recycled a Batman villains art and called him something different. The only American licensed Title I know of where Mexican artists created completely new editorial art and stories were in certain issues of hombre arana(Spiderman). Maybe Novaro did this with Batman earlier in the 60’s? hm

The villian was Flame-Master and he appeared in Detective Comics #308.

Under the Mexican title...Batman 175 (El Amo de el Fuego), 1963

Wow, did they really make it grammatically incorrect? It should be El Amo del Fuego.

The villian was Flame-Master and he appeared in Detective Comics #308.

Under the Mexican title...Batman 175 (El Amo de el Fuego), 1963

Wow, did they really make it grammatically incorrect? It should be El Amo del Fuego.

My bad, you're right....