• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLATROCK02 (MIKE,) is very ILL and is going to need our help

67 posts in this topic

Thanks, Jeanine, Dan, and Andrew...

I'm writing up the preliminary as we speak I've "borrowed" some of the ideas from the Aurora sales thread (kudos to them), just tweaking a bit for these circumstances.

So people will be posting items directly in the thread. The difference will be, payments will be going directly to Mike.

:thumbsup:

Was just about to ask but I see the answer.

Ill find some stuff to donate and we can get busy doing something this boards is amazing at:

Helping others!

This is horrible. Is this lung cancer? Do we know what stage we are talking about?

I hope his prognosis is positive.

I have some items to donate but I will wait and see if buyers are needed more than item donors. I can probably do both.

It's in his chest, I believe it's touched his lungs but is not "lung cancer". I never asked the stage. The Dr's told him the prognosis was positive, but it will take a while and I'm sure his medical plan will not cover all the costs.

I know the tumor moved his esophagus, but I really didn't ask for more details. I've spoken to him on the phone and he can barely speak.

I agree with the "horrible" Chris.

This ghastly disease can be beaten if caught at the appropriate stage. Let's all hope this was caught early.

I don't know or have had any dealings with this individual Mike, but I can see he's very well-liked and respected by the number of responses this thread is getting.

Godspeed to Mike for a fully recovery and best wishes to his family/friends as he goes through treatment.

Very sad to hear this. My heart is with you, Mike. :foryou: I'll try to help out you and your family as much as I can. (thumbs u

Andy

Ditto to this.

Mike and I have been personal friends for almost 10 years now. I got back into collecting comics in 2002. Mike and I met each other at a local auction In northern Illinois when we were both bidding on comics. We realized we had a lot in common and became good friends after that.

We would often tell each other about upcoming auctions (both local and online) with comics in them. He's helped me out a lot on how to properly grade comics. He also told me about a place called the CGC chatboards. I must admit I was rather reluctant at first to start posting in here but have learned over the past 5-6 years what a great place this is. Many, many good people on here with big hearts. :)

Like Sharon said, Mike is just a good guy with his head and his heart in the right place. I still send Scooby-Doo and Sonic the Hedgehog comics to his daughter Mackensie even though I've been in Oklahoma the last 2 years. Please do whatever you can to help Mike and his family out. Even though I know he is very reluctant to accept help like this, I also know that he will be very appreciative of everything we do for him.

I will be listing a number of books in the thread that Sharon starts tomorrow so please look for them there. (thumbs u