• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLATROCK02 (MIKE,) please refer to new thread for the family, thank you:)

1,302 posts in this topic

Sad news indeed. I had the chance to meet Mike at several Chicago-con in addition to the many books I've bought from him off the boards. Mike is the kind of guy who would call you whenever he found a book you were looking for and would never let on his own personal struggles. Very sad to hear he's gone :(

Agreed. This was my experience with Mike as well. He was always on the lookout for books he knew I would like. Super nice guy. I'm sure this is devastating for his family. My thoughts are with them

Everyone should take the time to follow this link and sign the guestbook. The family will see these messages and perhaps they will ease their pain in some small way.

I just saw that there were new posts in this thread. I must say I was devastated when I saw selegue's post about Mike's passing. That was my worst fear - that it was much worse than Mike led us to believe. :(

I just signed the guestbook and will be calling Mike's wife Pauline tomorrow to offer any assistance that I can give her. And Mackensie (Mike's daughter) will continue to get packages of comics in the mail whenever I have some to send. :)

Rest in peace Mike. You will be missed. :foryou:

Sad news indeed. I had the chance to meet Mike at several Chicago-con in addition to the many books I've bought from him off the boards. Mike is the kind of guy who would call you whenever he found a book you were looking for and would never let on his own personal struggles. Very sad to hear he's gone :(

Agreed. This was my experience with Mike as well. He was always on the lookout for books he knew I would like. Super nice guy. I'm sure this is devastating for his family. My thoughts are with them

+1

Thaks for the link, GAFLASH, much appreciated.

Terrible news. I hope his wife gets to read through this thread and see how much her husband was appreciated. The funds will help the family but a daughter lost her Dad... far too young.

Yes, If Mike’s wife visits us after the grief has sweetened would be great. i’m sure Sharon & people knowing them can make it happen. Even if Mike’s wife is not into comics I’m sure she will appreciate the vicinity of his friends & those who shared the passion for comics. :foryou: