• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLATROCK02 (MIKE,) please refer to new thread for the family, thank you:)

1,302 posts in this topic

I just signed the guestbook and will be calling Mike's wife Pauline tomorrow to offer any assistance that I can give her. And Mackensie (Mike's daughter) will continue to get packages of comics in the mail whenever I have some to send. :)

hm What kind of comics does she like?

I just signed the guestbook and will be calling Mike's wife Pauline tomorrow to offer any assistance that I can give her. And Mackensie (Mike's daughter) will continue to get packages of comics in the mail whenever I have some to send. :)

hm What kind of comics does she like?

She mostly likes Scooby Doo and Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

If anyone wants to send her some comics (these titles or any others), send me a PM and I'll give you her address. She's around 10 or 11 years old now. (thumbs u

If anyone wants to send her some comics (these titles or any others), send me a PM and I'll give you her address. She's around 10 or 11 years old now. (thumbs u

I have several of those sitting around....send me a PM w/the mailing address and we'll drop her a care package in the mail tomorrow.

Brock

I have several of those sitting around....send me a PM w/the mailing address and we'll drop her a care package in the mail tomorrow.

Brock

PM sent. 2 other PMs answered as well. :)

Sorry to hear about this. I didn't know Mike but was touched by the outpouring of support in this thread and was happy to make a small contribution to it. Prayers with his family in what is certainly a difficult time.

My most heart felt condolences go out to mikes family. I didn't know mike but from everything that's been written in the thread he sounded like a real standup guy and its always very sad when we lose one of our community. I am myself terminally ill and when I hear news like this and think of mikes family it is very upsetting as I think of my own family. I hope that all of mikes family are coping in this very difficult time and if theses anything we can do as a community to support them then that is achieved. All my thoughts are with mikes family :angel:

My most heart felt condolences go out to mikes family. I didn't know mike but from everything that's been written in the thread he sounded like a real standup guy and its always very sad when we lose one of our community. I am myself terminally ill and when I hear news like this and think of mikes family it is very upsetting as I think of my own family. I hope that all of mikes family are coping in this very difficult time and if theses anything we can do as a community to support them then that is achieved. All my thoughts are with mikes family :angel:

:foryou:

:foryou:

+1

Mike was probably the guy with whom I've done the most purchases here on the boards and every single one of them was an absolutely great experience.

He was a real knowledgeable collector, rational, easy-going, great to talk to (through PMs) and he seemed like an super nice guy overall. Even though it seems weird to think of people whom you've never actually met as "friends", I'd feel perfectly confident in saying that Mike really was a friend.

The boards, and the collecting community in general, are infinitely poorer by his loss.

My condolences to his wife and loved ones. May he rest in peace. :(

Sharon is without power, but she was able to post this in CG.

Very, very sad about Mike, he was an unbelievably kind soul...his wife called me just as the hurricane hit and I think the two incidents went together...

I would love to help, but I will not have power for a while, they are talking another 7-10 days...and my cell phone is going to die...I can read emails, but not respond unless I hook this laptop up to the hotspot and it powers down the phone too quickly. Verizon is apparently under water. So if you email/pm me for information, I can't answer...can get phone calls and Larry and Dave both have my #, so if you want me to ask Pauline something, I can call her.

Both Larryw7 and thehumantorch have Mike's PP address...as does Shark, and a few other people.

I spoke to his wife, Pauline, yesterday...she said that he had a blood transfusion and then hemmoraged, (sp) they said the cause of death was hemmoraging...(sp)

Pauline is not computer literate... so PMs and emails will not get to her...although I promised to send Mackensie, their 11 year old daughter a link to this thread when I'm back online, so she can share it with her mom.

I do have a physical address for cards...but it's on my other computer, so perhaps, Dave or Shark, can share that with you as well.

Perhaps someone can post this on the Gold/Silver donation thread as well.

If anyone would to make a donation to Mike's family to help defer bills and other expenses, you can contact me, thehumantorch or Shark for the Paypal address.

Sharon is without power, but she was able to post this in CG.

Very, very sad about Mike, he was an unbelievably kind soul...his wife called me just as the hurricane hit and I think the two incidents went together...

I would love to help, but I will not have power for a while, they are talking another 7-10 days...and my cell phone is going to die...I can read emails, but not respond unless I hook this laptop up to the hotspot and it powers down the phone too quickly. Verizon is apparently under water. So if you email/pm me for information, I can't answer...can get phone calls and Larry and Dave both have my #, so if you want me to ask Pauline something, I can call her.

Both Larryw7 and thehumantorch have Mike's PP address...as does Shark, and a few other people.

I spoke to his wife, Pauline, yesterday...she said that he had a blood transfusion and then hemmoraged, (sp) they said the cause of death was hemmoraging...(sp)

Pauline is not computer literate... so PMs and emails will not get to her...although I promised to send Mackensie, their 11 year old daughter a link to this thread when I'm back online, so she can share it with her mom.

I do have a physical address for cards...but it's on my other computer, so perhaps, Dave or Shark, can share that with you as well.

Perhaps someone can post this on the Gold/Silver donation thread as well.

If anyone would to make a donation to Mike's family to help defer bills and other expenses, you can contact me, thehumantorch or Shark for the Paypal address.

For Mike's paypal addy please contact me http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=sendprivate&User=4299

Don't believe I have his mailing addy but will check.