• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any other floridians

39 posts in this topic

down here in south west florida, waiting to see what this storm is going to do. doesn't figure to be too serious for us but you never know with these things. anyone else down here waiting to ride it out.

with CGC in sarasota anyone ever wonder what their storm prep/protocols are. i'm guessing they can't up and move everyones comics too easily.

down here in south west florida, waiting to see what this storm is going to do. doesn't figure to be too serious for us but you never know with these things. anyone else down here waiting to ride it out.

with CGC in sarasota anyone ever wonder what their storm prep/protocols are. i'm guessing they can't up and move everyones comics too easily.

:wishluck: i used to live in Atlantic Beach near Jacksonville :grin:

ha no surfing. i'm not too worried it doesn't look like it will be very bad but I always have a little concern over the thought of a window breaking and rain coming in and getting my comic book or firearm collection wet.

Raised in Cocoa Beach, then Indian Harbour Beach during the 1960's through the early 80's.

Tape up the windows (I hear they got storm shutters now), secure patio furniture and garbage cans, and hunker down. Evacuate if they advise.

I much prefer the Tropical storms in Fla. to the earthquakes I've been through in Calif.

At least hurricanes let you know they're coming. Earthquakes, not so much.

I've never been a fan of surprises.

we were projected ground zero yesterday (panama city)... today, projection is about 250 miles west

will take me a year to drink all this bottled water doh!

I'm in Weston and we got a lot of rain and some hefty gusts of wind but thankfully nothing like Wilma was 7 years ago.

I hope New Orleans is okay.

We rented a time share in Weston 3 years ago. I really liked that area.

I'm in Weston and we got a lot of rain and some hefty gusts of wind but thankfully nothing like Wilma was 7 years ago.

I hope New Orleans is okay.

We rented a time share in Weston 3 years ago. I really liked that area.

Thanks Mike. We love living here...except for the few nasty storms. :cry:

If you ever come back down here, let me know! (thumbs u

Sitting here in Lafayette, Louisiana which is about 20 miles inland from Vermillion Bay just hoping this storm doesn’t drift any farther west.

Wifey’s family in Nola will probably stay here … my home typically turns into a “boot camp” for much of the family during hurricanes.

Good luck to all of those who may be affected by this storm … :wishluck:

we were projected ground zero yesterday (panama city)... today, projection is about 250 miles west

will take me a year to drink all this bottled water doh!

I would have figured you would have stockpiled Coke Zero...

No one commented about my question in my OP regarding CGC. They're in Sarasota right? What do they do when a big storm threatens? Is it feasible to pack up everyones books and move them? I can't imagine they leave them at their facility there do they, they must a ton of expensive books there.

No one commented about my question in my OP regarding CGC. They're in Sarasota right? What do they do when a big storm threatens? Is it feasible to pack up everyones books and move them? I can't imagine they leave them at their facility there do they, they must a ton of expensive books there.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5952783#Post5952783

The facility is llike Fort Knox. If I could I would use it as a shelter I would.