• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anybody watching collection intervention?

75 posts in this topic

What a piker :roflmao:

A TRUE COMIC COLLECTOR has to have at least 50,000 comics.

I saw the first episode where the (B/W)itch of a wife made the whipped hubby get rid of all of his CatWoman collectibles.

I made it close to 30,000 at the peak. Then I had to move cross country and I realized I could let go of about half of those. And then when I moved cross country again, half of what I had left no longer felt quite so essential.

I peaked a few years ago at over 400,000 comics. Also had thousands of toys, action figures, and more. I have purged of all, or at least most, of the toys, graphic novels, trades, Modern comics, and magazines and am now below 200,000 comics. :insane:

I started as a true collector for 30 years but the last five, I became more of an accumulator. Now I am a seller. It is way more fun to buy than sell.

I just saw the episode this tuesday at 10pm on syfy is going to have a comic collector with 30,000 comics.

I'm watching the show now,all the guy has is 80s and 90s drek.It should be all about quality over quantity.

I just saw the episode this tuesday at 10pm on syfy is going to have a comic collector with 30,000 comics.

I'm watching the show now,all the guy has is 80s and 90s drek.It should be all about quality over quantity.

Agreed...

In the 1990s I started to absorb collections into mine and it got to breaking point where I literally couldn't move without tripping over boxes.

I managed to do a deal where I got rid of a lot of the drek in one go.

These days I just concentrate on filling my sets and maintain a collection of around 75,000 + 20,000 duplicates from upgrading.

What is worrying me though is the amount of modern drek I have started buying again lately to get my fix, due to not really being able to find what I need for my core collection.

In the 1990s I started to absorb collections into mine and it got to breaking point where I literally couldn't move without tripping over boxes.

These days I just concentrate on filling my sets and maintain a collection of around 75,000 + 20,000 duplicates from upgrading.

What is worrying me though is the amount of modern drek I have started buying again lately to get my fix, due to not really being able to find what I need for my core collection.

You have 95 thousand comic books? WOW! :o

The guy ended up trading some complete modern runs, 2000 books to that dealer at the end for a sharp looking Hulk 181. (A CGC SS would have been better than the raw signed book but whatever). I think he is going in right direction so his wife gets some breathing room and doesnt kick his .

True. I think he got a fair deal with the dealer. The 181 looked like a nice condition for the modern/copper collection. Thought it was funny he asked the dealer to take care of his Quasar collection. Hahaha. To each his own.

I thought you knew Dave, Oh yes I have severe problems :insane:lol

lol Intervention time. :baiting:

I do feel like I am still in control and am a collector rather than a hoarder.

If you came to my house and stayed downstairs you would never know that I collected comics.

Upstairs, apart from our bedroom is just crazy town though.

If you came to my house and stayed downstairs you would never know that I collected comics.

That's what they all say. :eek:

Dave are you saying that I am like an alcoholic stating he can stop drinking at anytime. lol

brownbottle.jpg

Dave are you saying that I am like an alcoholic stating he can stop drinking at anytime. lol

brownbottle.jpg

Well........ (shrug)

:jokealert: