• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink August wins/regrets- the outbid alerts are rolling in

164 posts in this topic

Anyone looked at how much The Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 is going for? :ohnoez:

Not seeing your point. It is only at $1345? (shrug)

Agreed, if someone gets it for that, it'd be a steal.

(and let the debate begin)

Jim

I think it will end at least $1650 or higher with 22 hours left to go.

Of course if you are a buyer. lol

However, I maybe now can be able to up my grading threshold standards on my Spider-man run now since alot of 9.8's are selling for old 9.4/9.6 pricing. hm

Yup. Look on the bright side.

Buy now. Sell later. Much later.

However, I maybe now can be able to up my grading threshold standards on my Spider-man run now since alot of 9.8's are selling for old 9.4/9.6 pricing. hm

It is funny seeing both of your comments.. The collector is happy, the flipper is not.

Jim

No debate here, money safe and sound in my wallet..

Jim

zzz What a bubble.

What Barton said is true also!

I was on a hiatus during the craziness of 2009. I look at some of those prices on gpa and can't for the life of me understand how anyone thought it was a good idea to pay what a TON of books were going for. Granted, the census has gotten a lot bigger since then but most of those books people should have known wouldn't stay single highest graded or 1 of 2 highest. Prices now are more back to earth and reality.

Auction fatigue I think also definitely plays a part as does the constant flipping. There are soooooo many auctions with sooooooo many insane books it boggles the mind! Also, Putting the same books into auction after auction and expecting it to go higher each time just doesn't make sense either. If its a AF15, sure put it in every dang auction but I see plenty of "regular" books in another auction 2 months after it sold at auction and then the seller complaining it went for gpa lows. Hell, I've already been offered 6 different books from 5 different sellers from the Schmell auction 1 month ago! (shrug)

that's pretty wild for a modern
I know,right?

I can understand buying a Silver or Bronze age book for that price.

But a Modern age book?

Unless it's Wolverine #145 Nabisco variant or Batman #608 RRP in CGC 9.8,I'm not willing to spend that much for a Modern age book 2c

Post 1966 Silver and Bronze is tanking fast in HG.

Every month the auctions are keeping the downward swing going on most books.

I now believe 100% there is too much material in the market every month. People don't have time to refuel their comic budget.

^^

I really think this is 100% the reason for bad individual sales. Pretty much every single collector i know on here except for maybe 1 or 2 with seemingly endless $$$ is perpetually either reloading from a just finished auction or waiting on an upcoming auction. Good lord, the biggest best SA MArvel auction in history was just 1 month ago! :ohnoez:

:ohnoez:

I agree. I am still paying for my Heritage wins and here we are again. That said, Flash 165 9.6 went for 170.00 and 169 9.6 which is a tough book to find in NM and above went for 246.00. Those are way past sales.

While the Tec 31 went for insane money was anyone surprised that a 9.0 28 only went for 10.3 K. That seems like a deal when you compare it to Action 2 and the money it brings. Was anything up with the book or do we really hate NBCPRT (non-bat-cover-pre-robin-tecs) that much?

Yes, but the Detective Comics #28 9.0 that you speak of was restored; cleaned, interior lightened, color touch & spine split sealed. I'm sure the bid would have been much closer to $100K if it was an unrestored copy. (thumbs u

Jim

zzz What a bubble.

Your arse could have bubble bursted at the bank if you didn't sell all your Walking Dead comics, cover, and other OA before the hype started. :facepalm:

:foryou:

Jim

zzz What a bubble.

Your arse could have bubble bursted at the bank if you didn't sell all your Walking Dead comics, cover, and other OA before the hype started. :facepalm:

:foryou:

He would've had enough money to buy a place in Manhattan. :whistle:

I love it how John complains in one thread that his books are not fetching enough money, in another that books are overpriced and finally in a third [sales] thread is banging 'em out as fast as they fly out the door.

John...I love you but please...

:facepalm:

lol

Please Roy, allow John the emotional rollercoast that is his life.

In each thread your see the manic side where reality may set in and a "job" becomes more likely. When a big sale comes in the "job" bubble is popped and the beach/gym life universe is restored.

In each thread your see the manic side where reality may set in and a "job" becomes more likely. When a big sale comes in the "job" bubble is popped and the beach/gym life universe is restored.

lol

:roflmao:

Wish I had a beach/gym bubble life.

Was slaughtered on the FF#6 Curator I sold. Oh well. Sold for about 30% less than I paid for it. Prior 9.2 non pedigree sold on CLINK or CCONNECT for more. Can't recall which site it was. Still raising $ for my future grail book. Almost there. :)

Just have to start selling a few movie posters and James Bond stuff and I will be ready when I see my GRAIL come up for sale.

:roflmao:

Wish I had a beach/gym bubble life.

You could really use the gym part.