• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A LARGE ENOUGH SAFE DEPOSIT BOX?

10 posts in this topic

Banks usually have slim pickings for LARGE safety deposit boxes ime unless its a very large bank. They do have private businesses that are "vaults" with safety deposit boxes. My in laws own one here in South Florida. They have boxes ranging from the size of a small PO box to a walk in vault that has a handful of Picassos in it. They have tons of boxes that would hold at least 50 or so slabs.

I'd check to see if you have any legit private businesses like that in your area (thumbs u

I appreciate your suggestion and will look into that. I have collected graded baseball cards forever and I have a large safe deposit box that cost me $300 a year but it holds quite a lot of those. I have the comics currently in a safe in my home but i still have major anxiety and want them in a safer place. Thanks again.

I don't know if every place is like this but another upside to a private vault is 24 hour access. When I worked at my in laws place, I'd have to go there at like 3am to let in people so they could fill up suitcases with cash from their boxes.

I have medium size box that holds about 15 Silver Age CGCs, or about 10 GA CGCs. Costs me $125 a year and gives me peace of mind.

Larger boxes run about $400 but depending on depth or configuration you may not gain that much more storage. That's why I stuck with the medium. You just have be selective as what you really want to take to the bank !