• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

My LCS has already order 50 copies for this title "Batgirl #14" as he told me today he believes that the tie-in between Batman, Batgirl and the Joker will tie up all the loose ends between the "Killing Joke" and the new origin. I ordered 5 extra myself and the owner told me he would also pull and variants for me as well

BTW ... the normal order for this book (Batgirl) is 30 in the store so he is ordering 20 extra in addition to my 5 extra.

I don't read Batgirl, but I thought one of the Batgirl books that just hit in the last month or so covered the Killing Joke thread and how she got put in the wheelchair prior to the New 52. Am I mistaken, or is this issue just going to further that storyline?

From what I understand the Batgirl #14 issue is supposed to elaborate, and expand the story. In fact my LCS (believes this will may best story of the year for the New 52 his words not mine)

Here is a link were Gail Simone talks about the story and an excerpt:

Gail Simone interview Batgirl/Joker

Simone: "Resolved" is kind of a tough word, here. There's definitely a feeling out there regarding this stuff that someone is fixed or not fixed, like an on/off switch. It's not that binary, but she is facing this stuff head on. And I am pretty sure a Joker/Batgirl story is inevitable, but I can't say more than that. Think of two trains on the same track facing towards each other...there's nowhere for either of them to go but towards collision.

Nrama: And that collision occurs in your "Death of the Family" tie-in to Scott's Batman story?

Simone: Yes. It is the once-and-for-all confrontation between the Batgirl and the man who shot and paralyzed her. It does not go as he expected.

This story starts in issue #14, and I have to say, it's pretty shocking. That's all I'll say right now, however.

:popcorn:

a couple books to keep an eye on as this approaches closer are the earlier issues in the New 52 run of Detective that have the Joker in them #1 1st prints have held a consistently respectable price for a while now but are regularly over $30 now for nice copies I imagine as this story hits that will improve for a while especially if the story is as good as people hope.

issue #4 is also another one to keep an eye on its been selling for $10-15 consistently as of late

a couple books to keep an eye on as this approaches closer are the earlier issues in the New 52 run of Detective that have the Joker in them #1 1st prints have held a consistently respectable price for a while now but are regularly over $30 now for nice copies I imagine as this story hits that will improve for a while especially if the story is as good as people hope.

issue #4 is also another one to keep an eye on its been selling for $10-15 consistently as of late

Have you read any of Gail Simone's work (Batgirl writer) she's does an amazing job!!

I thought Simone's early run on Birds of Prey was some of the best superhero storytelling in the modern era.

As a matter of fact, I was quoted saying something similar on the back of the Sensei and Student tradepaperback.

Also to be included:

Batman #13

Batman #14

Batman and Robin #14

Nightwing #14

Catwoman #14

Suicide Squad #14 will also be involved sorry for the omission. Also these are the titles in which the crossover begins in those represented comics, although most the story will take place between BATMAN/ and BATGIRL

Also to be included:

Batman #13

Batman #14

Batman and Robin #14

Nightwing #14

Catwoman #14

Suicide Squad #14 will also be involved sorry for the omission. Also these are the titles in which the crossover begins in those represented comics, although most the story will take place between BATMAN/ and BATGIRL

I think Catwoman 13 will also be a Death of the Family related book based on the Joker teeth on the cover of issue 13 but I have not confirmed this.

Also to be included:

Batman #13

Batman #14

Batman and Robin #14

Nightwing #14

Catwoman #14

I think Catwoman 13 will also be a Death of the Family related book based on the Joker teeth on the cover of issue 13 but I have not confirmed this.

You may be right! I may need to check on this...

For those of you who feel that variant's are a must, the first variant in the storyline will be Batman #13: Here is more information

BATMAN #13

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Backup story written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV

Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION

Backup story art by ANDY CLARKE

Cover by GREG CAPULLO

Variant cover by AARON KUDER

1:100 B&W Variant cover by GREG CAPULLO

On sale OCTOBER 10 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for more information.

• The Joker returns in “DEATH OF THE FAMILY”!

• He crippled Batgirl. He killed Robin. What will The Joker do now that he’s returned to Gotham City?

• What must Batman do to protect his secret identity and that of those who fight alongside him?

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

I really enjoyed the red hood intro story in Batman 0. Can't wait to read the rest of the story. It has also solidified my desire to pick up a detective 168 (even though I'm afraid the book is over priced). Anyone else interested in that book in light of Batman 0 & the forthcoming Death of the Family story arc?

I can't wait for this storyline. If it is anything like the Court of Owls, it should be a game changer.

I agree with you - especially if the story arc is constant with what we already know (backstory) i.e Batgirl, Comissioner Gordon and Alfred