• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

That is a pretty awesome cover. I'm very much looking forward to this story arc.

As am I the Catwoman cover also looks intriguing.. Originally I didn't want to read any "modern" comics as I primaryly invest and collect silver and golden age comics but the writing in "Batman" and "Batgirl" brought me back. I hope they make variants of the cover I posted and the Catwoman #14

Is Catwoman 13 a Death of the Family crossover book? Sure looks like it is, but it wasn't solicited as such. May be a sleeper or may have nothing to do with the crossover. Any one have any opinions or insight from reading the title or info other than the solicitation in Previews?

Also, Snyder's Batman will be discussed on Attack of the Show on G4 TV tomorrow at 7:00 pm EST (as will Batwoman).

From the "Preview" book offered this month it is teased as apart of the "Death of the Family" storyline..

• A “DEATH OF THE FAMILY” tie-in!

• Catwoman is caught in The Joker’s trap as he toys with her mind.

• But The Joker should beware because Catwoman always comes to play

I think some of these are mere "tie-ins" and probably don't need to be read to get the story. For example, I think Catwoman will only have loose ties...maybe she faces off against the Joker. But I don't think you'll need to read the book to follow the story.

I think some of these are mere "tie-ins" and probably don't need to be read to get the story. For example, I think Catwoman will only have loose ties...maybe she faces off against the Joker. But I don't think you'll need to read the book to follow the story.

I believe you may be correct, but I am really interested to see how they tie the "Killing Joke" and "Batgirl - New 52" origin together in Batgirl #14 in November. Of all the books besides "Batman' I am most looking forward to that story.

It appears the Joker will return in Batman, Batman & Robin, Batgirl, and Catwoman

Of all the covers I've seen this one appears to be the coolest

Batgirl #14 : release date November 14th

BG_Cv14_R1.jpg

didn't the Joker had a "Facelift" or change his face? I think I read it in Batman #1 (last yr) so how come he's still has the same face??

If you like Snyder's Batman, read the black mirror trade. It's basically Grayson's HUSH. Actually better than the owl storyline, it's that good.

My LCS has already order 50 copies for this title "Batgirl #14" as he told me today he believes that the tie-in between Batman, Batgirl and the Joker will tie up all the loose ends between the "Killing Joke" and the new origin. I ordered 5 extra myself and the owner told me he would also pull and variants for me as well

BTW ... the normal order for this book (Batgirl) is 30 in the store so he is ordering 20 extra in addition to my 5 extra.

My LCS has already order 50 copies for this title "Batgirl #14" as he told me today he believes that the tie-in between Batman, Batgirl and the Joker will tie up all the loose ends between the "Killing Joke" and the new origin. I ordered 5 extra myself and the owner told me he would also pull and variants for me as well

BTW ... the normal order for this book (Batgirl) is 30 in the store so he is ordering 20 extra in addition to my 5 extra.

I don't read Batgirl, but I thought one of the Batgirl books that just hit in the last month or so covered the Killing Joke thread and how she got put in the wheelchair prior to the New 52. Am I mistaken, or is this issue just going to further that storyline?