• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

I imagine that 9.8 sets will sell well. I think there's a concern that Batgirl 13s aren't won't continue to appreciate in value b/c the story has very limited relationship to Death of the Family. I am of the opinion that Snyder is going to continue to pick up new readers and that his work will continue to appreciate in value (particularly Detective 871, 871 (2nd print, 880, Batman 1 sketch and Batman 13 sketch). JMHO

I think the arc will be heavily CGCed, and thus if you want to turn a fast buck, you need to be one of the first to offer anything.

That is true. But with the limited books on hand for batgirl 13 at least, it might still be worth it. Also I'm curious to see what the first batgirl 13 9.8 would go for on the bay.

Capullo has been killing it. That last one is Batman #17 I believe.

I usually don't collect runs but I've been saving a few of the covers from this one (not complete, just the ones I like) in 1:200/1:100 variants with SS. Great stuff.

I can't decide if the die cut covers are going to be easy grades b/c CGC will grade both covers or hard because the die cut leaves creases on the cover and won't be able to be easily pressed? Any thoughts?

I've never graded a cover like that. Perhaps someone has who can shed a little light onto this query? I may get the Batman #13 Variant graded, I really like that cover, but the die cuts may have to wait as I'm curious as to how they might effect grading as well.

Does anyone know whether they will grade both covers and give you the higher of the two grades like they do when you get a double cover by virtue of a printing error or if it will be impossible to press copies b/c of the cardboard die cut?