• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

other non-comic collections

30 posts in this topic

who else has non-comic related collections and what do you collect?

besides comics I also collect firearms. i have a hard time deciding how to prioritze my funds. i make a modest living so growing multiple collections is somewhat challenging, but it's a passion i keep plugging away at.

my firearm collection "key issues" are a pair of 1911 pistols, one my wife bought me 12+ years ago when we were just dating and one she bought me last christmas. i knew she was a keeper when she contributed to my gun and comic collections.

what about the rest of you?

I collect stuff in the Weird Fiction genre (H.P. Lovecraft stuff (fiction and non-fiction), pre-1960 Arkham House titles, Ligotti, Pulps). My most prized item is a first print edition of The Outsider and Others by Lovecraft (1939, Arkham House). That actually tops any comic keys that I have.

I used to collect other stuff, but have narrowed it down to comics and weird fiction now.

Or, what blowupthemoon said. lol

Working on my 1929 Oakland 3 window business coupe.Oakland became Pontiac in 1930,there are only 3 in the United States per the Oakland Owners Association.

Oakman I have a serious man crush on you....

Now you know the origin of my board name. ;)

For passions...My list goes like this

1. My all original FIAT 126 1973

2. My wife and kids

3. Comics

4. Guns

J/K..my wife and kids go first....I was only kidding...

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr was I? hm

I actually culled a lot of my hobbies/collections in order to strictly focus on comics and original production art.

My vintage Marilyn Monroe press photo collection (70+ framed photos from the 50's and early 60's), all my original art that wasn't either a sketch cover or production page and my 1971 Camaro have all gone away.

I actually culled a lot of my hobbies/collections in order to strictly focus on comics and original production art.

My vintage Marilyn Monroe press photo collection (70+ framed photos from the 50's and early 60's), all my original art that wasn't either a sketch cover or production page and my 1971 Camaro have all gone away.

What donk was in the comaro? I almost bought a 2nd gen comaro a few years ago.

Working on my 1929 Oakland 3 window business coupe.Oakland became Pontiac in 1930,there are only 3 in the United States per the Oakland Owners Association.

MA3.jpg

MA1.jpg

Dude, that is so awesome, when you say working on it are you restoring it ?

Do you go to classic car shows with it ?

As well as comics I collect original art, my favorites are my Steve Ditko pages.

But I like Ayres, Curt Swan and Russ Heath amongst others.

I have single pages to complete comics.

SteveDitkoHaunted28page6.jpg

DickAyersandFrankGiacoiaTheGunhawks7page15OriginalArtMarvel1973.jpg

RussHeath-OriginalArtforBatmanLegendsoftheDarkKnight46pages7.jpg

OmegaMen19.jpg

By volume (in cubic meters):

1) DC comics;

2) Other comics;

3) Folklore books and journals;

4) Science fiction and fantasy books and paperbacks;

5) General literature (other than topics specifically mentioned);

6) LP records (mostly folk music);

7) Ethnomusicology;

8) Pulps;

9) Murder mysteries and "thrillers;"

10) Anthropology;

11) Bi-lingual dictionaries (French-English, Danish-English, etc.); and

12) Miscellaneous stuff that just accumulates.

Currently active topics are: 1, 2 (main level); 8, 9, 6, 4, 3 (lesser

activity); 7 & 10 (not buying, but items come in from memberships

in societies.

Never enough time to read what I have or do much about my

other interests.

I'm restoring it to original,the engine is out of the car right now so I can't drive it anywhere.

I'm restoring it to original,the engine is out of the car right now so I can't drive it anywhere.

1929, what sort of mileage has it done ?

How long have you had it Dave ?

I bet it could tell a few stories from back in the day.

1929, what sort of mileage has it done ?

How long have you had it Dave ?

I bet it could tell a few stories from back in the day.

I have owned it for about ten years,it was in pieces when I bought it.The guys at the Oakland Owners Association have helped me immensely.I bought the car off of the original owner who told me stories and gave me pics of the car when new.He told me how he courted his wife in the car etc. He wanted to give his son the car,but he was not interested in it so he sold it to me.I have the original owners manual,and the original pink slip to the car.The license plates are original to the car,it was just an amazing find.To put it in comic book talk,it was like finding a Detective #27 in the garage. :cloud9: