• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers thread

332 posts in this topic

Tell us more! Show us more!!

(what is it exactly and who put it out?)

I think it was some kind of homemade comic parodying Milo's artifical demand for Adventurers #1. He gave me the pages. I'll try to post them later.

The Badventurers mini-comic was printed by Jolly Roger's comics - a dealer in the local Washington DC area and the books were distributed at local comic shows or at their shops. Not many were printed.

It was a parody what they perceived to be the manufactured "rarity" of Adventurers #1.

Like most mini-comics done in the 80's, they were made from photocopies and put together by hand.

It serves as an interesting testament to what was going on in the midst of the B&W explosion.

I just have the one copy (and I'm guessing I probably wouldn't be able to find many other people from the Washington DC comics scene that bothered to keep a copy from that timeframe). Maybe Dan Cusimano? I'm happy to accept offline offers on it if people are interested. Like I said, it's a bit of nostalgia for me from that time period.

that badventurers is a witty deconstruction of the plot, but knowing another retailer puts it out just makes it seem like sour grapes. It comes across like Jolly Roger was just pizzed/jealous that the marketing worked and didn't seem to care that it was in fact a really good comic.

that badventurers is a witty deconstruction of the plot, but knowing another retailer puts it out just makes it seem like sour grapes. It comes across like Jolly Roger was just pizzed/jealous that the marketing worked and didn't seem to care that it was in fact a really good comic.

I agree. You could feel the "why didn't i think of that" sentiment in his comic. But, i did laugh when it says; Next issue... The DOOR!

Dan, thanks for sharing! I am in awe! I feel like my collection's a fraud compared to yours now! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I wonder if the original art covers for Issue 1 are out there somewhere.... hm

A lot of folks are looking for those covers. My guess is that Hsu has them stapled to the wall of his unibomber hut, up in the hills. Is he still alive? If he still has the covers, and needs cash, he'd clean up selling them bad boys.