• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

25 posts in this topic

Two books for sale Captain America Comics #33 CGC 7.0 and All Select Comics #2 CGC 8.0 Books have not been pressed.

Shipping is included in the price of the books

Check or money order, paypal if you pay the fees

Captain America Comics #33 CGC 7.0 OW/W $4000 Classic Schomburg Cover

Untitled-2.jpg

288.jpg

All Select Comics #2 CGC 8.0 OW/W Hot book right now last sale $10,100 CC

My price $9500

Untitled-3.jpg

281-1.jpg

Love the Cap 33 cover. Shows U.S. forces arriving at the Brenner Pass about a year and a half earlier than they actually did. Reflecting an overly optimistic view of the Italian campaign, I would guess.

this all select 2 stayed in my collection longer than any other all select I owned (2006-2009?, don't even remember when gaflash bought it from me)... it is a beautiful book and AS 2 I like more than AS 1 (thumbs u

At a glance the AS#2 looks a bit under graded?

Only major defect I can see is the back cover has a transfer stain from a Cap #3 during the printing process which probably brought the book down in grade. Although book does looks fantastic in hand.

Here is a link to HA for scans of the book:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=809&lotNo=3324

I thought CGC didn't downgrade for a production defect of that type? although, admittedly, there is a lot ink transferred there. In some ways, though, it may add to the book's appeal -- setting the book more firmly in its time, so to speak.

I wonder if this was the last cover of AS 2 printed and the transfer is from the first cover of CA 3 printed? hm