• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC timer

99 posts in this topic

I mailed 7 comics (6 Modern Fast Track and 1 Economy Fast Track) on 8/22

They received them 8/24

9/6 they had all 6 Modern Fast Tracks graded.

The Economy one still isn't graded yet.

Setting the Economy aside, when it comes to comics being behind in the process or time limit of getting the comics back, is a good portion of the wait time actually waiting on them to start? Like once its graded is it usually not too long till they are encapsulated and sent back? Or can that wait time hit at any stage of the process?

I just got an email from them now and it said the 6 Modern ones were shipped.

The Economy one still isn't graded.

Bosco, the ones that took 22 biz days, what tier were they?

Fast Track.

Fast track moderns or fast track economy/value?

They received them 8/24

Setting the Economy aside, when it comes to comics being behind in the process or time limit of getting the comics back, is a good portion of the wait time actually waiting on them to start? Like once its graded is it usually not too long till they are encapsulated and sent back? Or can that wait time hit at any stage of the process?

Fast Track.

My $$ is on Modern.

They received them 8/24

Fast Track.

My $$ is on Modern.

Considering it took 22 business days - and modern fast tracks are 10 business days - I'd say either an economy/value fast track or a modern fast track which was pre-screened (which doubles the turnaround time).

If a regular modern fast track took 22 business days, CGC screwed up in a big way.

They received them 8/24

Fast Track.

My $$ is on Modern.

Considering it took 22 business days - and modern fast tracks are 10 business days - I'd say either an economy/value fast track or a modern fast track which was pre-screened (which doubles the turnaround time).

If a regular modern fast track took 22 business days, CGC screwed up in a big way.

You're right. I was reading too quickly and thought he said 22 calendar days, not biz days.

Yeah, I assumed econ/value since my modern ft took basically 10 biz days exactly.

Do they send them back priority or not? First comics I ever gotten slabbed.

If priority I may get them on Wednesday.

Unless otherwise specified, they come back USPS priority registered - which is slower than regular USPS priority (but a lot more secure). It usually takes about a week depending on how close you are to Florida.

Thanks.

I'm in MI

It took 2 days for them to receive the comics from me, but if that goes slower it will be a bit longer then for me to get them back.

I'm in the mid-west as well - you should assume it's going to take about a week :thumbsup:

They received them 8/24

Fast Track.

My $$ is on Modern.

You're right. I was reading too quickly and thought he said 22 calendar days, not biz days.

Value Fast Track, which as of today is 23 business days and they were just graded today. So these books have not left Sarasota yet. This included a Batman 232 and Daredevil 131 I look forward to receiving back into my collection.

So the estimated 20 business days turnaround has been exceeded slightly, but hopefully not by much. You do have to factor out Labor Day (why I said 22 days), but then also two shows CGC was at which then impacted the delivery schedule. I didn't realize they were so lightly staffed right now the shows become an all-hands event.

Never has the usps ever delivered before I woke up. Not only that the doorbell usually wakes me up. They came while I was sleep and the doorbell didn't wake me up.

They tried to deliver my graded comics today. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow and pick em up.

IYvls.jpg

Still, for the sake of this cgc timer thread today should be marked as the last day.

I sent 6 Modern Fast Track on 8/22

They received them 8/24

They had all 6 graded on 9/6.

They shipped them to me 9/10

They were delivered (even though I missed it) today 9/13

The 1 economy still isn't graded

Whats the TOT supposed to be for books submitted with the "3 free" coupons?

i could have sworn it was 20 business days but that apparently isn't the case. What is the TOT for the coupon submissions if anyone knows?

Ok, off the same lot of books I submitted at the end of August that they received on the 24th I had 1 Economy Fast Track. As you can read above it was marked as graded Sept 21st. It has not moved past that spot yet as of today. They are behind on EFT just so you know.