• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC timer

99 posts in this topic

Economy... Not Moderns.

You mean Economy Fast Track is getting backlogged because so many people are trying to get around the long delays?

Yup. Fast Track pushed all submissions aside because CGC has to guarantee the turn-around time.

So if 5,000 collectors submit the same amount for Fast Track, those will have to be graded first. Hence the extra fee.

Economy... Not Moderns.

You mean Economy Fast Track is getting backlogged because so many people are trying to get around the long delays?

Yup. Fast Track pushed all submissions aside because CGC has to guarantee the turn-around time.

So if 5,000 collectors submit the same amount for Fast Track, those will have to be graded first. Hence the extra fee.

I spoke with Eric and Bree the other day, and they both said none of the days given are guaranteed - they are estimates. And the shame is those estimates are total turnaround time - not just the grading. My books are past 21 business days Fast Track, and are not even graded (Bronze and Moderns).

I took this as consistent across the board, but from some of the delivery-to-grading times given here it sounds like that is not the case.

129782.jpg.643c9925654cc09aaccbecd290b035b3.jpg

Oh, I know. Eric even said they are getting flooded with Fast Tracks which are now becoming the "new" Standard to work around the delays.

CGC has an administration challenge going on in trying to keep everything flowing smoothly as I am sure they don't want all that insurance burden sitting around their operation. The market is hot right now for graded books, and that's just how it is.

It would seem like this could be solved by expanding personnel and perhaps finally laying out the dough for at least one if not two more slabbing machines. I would think the current turnaround times being what they are and have been for the last year and no significant drop off in submissions in the foreseeable future would make it worth it. (shrug)

Looks like CGC is pushing collectors into the EXPRESS LANE at $95 per book and 5 business day turnaround! :frustrated:

Obviously, that service is only good for "hot" KEYS IMO. If you don't own that, tough toe nails. Wait it out for months!

CGC is a de facto monopoly, so why should they be in any rush to improve effeciency and hire more personnel (e.g., graders) or invest in more encapsulation machines? :censored:

Looks like CGC is pushing collectors into the EXPRESS LANE at $95 per book and 5 business day turnaround! :frustrated:

Obviously, that service is only good for "hot" KEYS IMO. If you don't own that, tough toe nails. Wait it out for months!

CGC is a de facto monopoly, so why should they be in any rush to improve effeciency and hire more personnel (e.g., graders) or invest in more encapsulation machines? :censored:

Because the more books they can grade the more money they will make?

Because the more books they can grade the more money they will make?

+1

They have your money when the books go in the door. They have no other concerns other than the amount of insurance they now have to carry for the amount of books that are on site. Why should they speed up?

+1

:facepalm:

s0623.gif

They have your money when the books go in the door. They have no other concerns other than the amount of insurance they now have to carry for the amount of books that are on site. Why should they speed up?

Just hope that you claimed the correct amount on the invoice when you sent them in. I'm sure we all claimed the actual FMV of each book we submitted right? :eek: If anything happens to those books thats the insured amount you'll get back.

I mailed 7 comics (6 Modern Fast Track and 1 Economy Fast Track) on 8/22

They received them 8/24

9/6 they had all 6 Modern Fast Tracks graded.

The Economy one still isn't graded yet.

Setting the Economy aside, when it comes to comics being behind in the process or time limit of getting the comics back, is a good portion of the wait time actually waiting on them to start? Like once its graded is it usually not too long till they are encapsulated and sent back? Or can that wait time hit at any stage of the process?

I just got an email from them now and it said the 6 Modern ones were shipped.

The Economy one still isn't graded.

Bosco, the ones that took 22 biz days, what tier were they?

I mailed 7 comics (6 Modern Fast Track and 1 Economy Fast Track) on 8/22

They received them 8/24

9/6 they had all 6 Modern Fast Tracks graded.

The Economy one still isn't graded yet.

Setting the Economy aside, when it comes to comics being behind in the process or time limit of getting the comics back, is a good portion of the wait time actually waiting on them to start? Like once its graded is it usually not too long till they are encapsulated and sent back? Or can that wait time hit at any stage of the process?

I just got an email from them now and it said the 6 Modern ones were shipped.

The Economy one still isn't graded.

Bosco, the ones that took 22 biz days, what tier were they?

Fast Track.