• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil 1 cgc 6.5 for sale to fund life *drop to 1220*

61 posts in this topic

I got this from Adrian back in his #1 thread, but since then, life has hit and I need to move it.

Usual rules: No HOS or probies

Paypal only, buyer pays fees.

Shipping is 25 and includes insurance, signature, etc.

Open to offers.

Time payments available!

Daredevil 1 cgc 6.5 - 1220

RADE9D9420111020_17424.jpg

The name is offensive

May be offensive if used strictly in the sense assumed within nazist racial theories, which was an indebt appropriation. And in English.

In italian, for example, we have a single word for both aryan and arian (as related to Arianism), but maybe our Daredevil pal here is just fascinated by Indo-Iranian history, with no reference to "uncle Adolf" at all… :)

1000 including paypal fees and shipping let me know ... thanks

It really is in bad form and taste to make offers ( insults as the case may be ) in public. If you want to make offers on books its best to do it through a P.M. and keep things under the radar. (thumbs u

The name is offensive

May be offensive if used strictly in the sense assumed within nazist racial theories, which was an indebt appropriation. And in English.

In italian, for example, we have a single word for both aryan and arian (as related to Arianism), but maybe our Daredevil pal here is just fascinated by Indo-Iranian history, with no reference to "uncle Adolf" at all… :)

Whatever whatever whatever! Try reclaiming the swastika as a positive symbol too while you're at it.

The name is offensive

I think you're really reaching.

The name is offensive

I think many here are over reacting. Just because the Nazi's (and Neo-Nazi's) tried the co-opt the term and make it mean something it never did (which is some kind of white supremacy) doesn't make it so. Aryan is still a scientific correct and used term for "Indo-European".

Words that describe our heritage and culture should not be automatically taboo - unless those words were originally intended to denigrate and insult. Which aryan never was.

Our "Aryan" would be wise to just change his moniker though, given it's new one. Otherwise every post by him or her will turn into some political correctness moral debate.

BTW - welcome to the boards Aryan.

The name is offensive

I think many here are over reacting. Just because the Nazi's (and Neo-Nazi's) tried the co-opt the term and make it mean something it never did (which is some kind of white supremacy) doesn't make it so. Aryan is still a scientific correct and used term for "Indo-European".

Words that describe our heritage and culture should not be automatically taboo - unless those words were originally intended to denigrate and insult. Which aryan never was.

Our "Aryan" would be wise to just change his moniker though, given it's new one. Otherwise every post by him or her will turn into some political correctness moral debate.

Which kinda proves that the term is tainted, no? Who cares what it originally meant? It's now heavily associated with the evil guy who had most of my extended family killed.

The name is offensive

Which kinda proves that the term is tainted, no? Who cares what it originally meant? It's now heavily associated with the evil guy who had most of my extended family killed.

No, it doesn't prove anything like that at all. Aryan is a proper, currently used term that describes a people's heritage. Just like Fascism describes a political ideology. Those two words are not themselves "evil" and should not be politically incorrect. They are commonly used when appropriate.

99.9% of the world hates the evil little man that people tend to think of in conjunction with those words. But the words were around before him and they continue to have legitimate usage since his death. Allowing Hitler to somehow own these words and their meanings just gives him and his followers some sort of victory.

My point is a practical one. It's not worth the hassle to have a name you have to defend all the time - especially if the name is one of your own choosing.

Anyone like the DD #1?