• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you add a book to your registry that there is no set for?

12 posts in this topic

This may be a noob question but can you add a book to your comic collection that a set doesn't exist for? I have a few books that I'd love to add but don't know if it's possible - if there is a place where I can do this please let me know - if not, and I need to request a set to be created, I can do that - I did ask for one to be created back in mid-July after the awards were announced (in the request for new sets thread) but it has yet to be created (this is not a complaint, just a statement). Please offer any advice you may have to offer - thanks!

:banana:

You wouldn't be able to add a book to your registry if the book isn't listed in a set. Some books are listed in multiple sets, some don't have a set at all, in which case you would need to request one as you mentioned. It does take a while for Gemma to get it added, but everyone is very understanding. Good luck!

sig.jpg

This may be a noob question but can you add a book to your comic collection that a set doesn't exist for? I have a few books that I'd love to add but don't know if it's possible - if there is a place where I can do this please let me know - if not, and I need to request a set to be created, I can do that - I did ask for one to be created back in mid-July after the awards were announced (in the request for new sets thread) but it has yet to be created (this is not a complaint, just a statement). Please offer any advice you may have to offer - thanks!

Yes, you can add a book to your registry without having a set exist. You just won't get any points for it. I learned this by accident. Type in the book you want to add into any existing set and slot and enter it. It will come back as an invalid book for the slot however, the serial will be saved and can be viewed under your comic list tab.

Yes, you can add a book to your registry without having a set exist. You just won't get any points for it. I learned this by accident. Type in the book you want to add into any existing set and slot and enter it. It will come back as an invalid book for the slot however, the serial will be saved and can be viewed under your comic list tab.

FWIW, this is a great way to annoy Gemma. I've got first-hand experience.

I am puzzled. Realizing CGC is behind schedule in their grading, and reading the many posts complaining of such fact, why do some Board members still want CGC to interupt their grading tasks to add new sets to the registry ? No wonder they started charging for grader notes. These Boards are insatiable with their requests. IMO, let CGC grade and leave them alone ! Sorry.

I don't think Gemma is a grader.

She's in training.

Yes, Paul Litch mentioned they were training Gemma in grading here on the Boards.

With all the tasks Gemma probably has, adding new registry sets has to be the least important. Most legacy sets have probably been set up. All the new requests are probably for Moderns. I'm not saying to stop taking requests. I'm simply saying stop complaining when they are not done quickly enough for you.