• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Winner of the Weekend - Let Comics General Decide Response:

135 posts in this topic

What's the item or link? Would like to see what pops up here when I look at the item

+ me.

:juggle:

I use something very close to my real full name as my eBay ID. As the things I sell are usually in the $5-200, it does not matter to me to do that. In retrospect I should have anticipated this request. Due to the things I own, I am not comfortable with divulging that in the open. Yes, there are those on here that know my real name due to a few transactions, but I make those transactions under a gentleman's agreement where it is unsaid that neither party would ever publicly list that information.

So, no, there will be no link.

Wait, you're on eBay in front of the world's population, but you won't let us in on it?

And you will only deal with people who will preserve your anonimity?

And you want to give us a bollocks story without a shred of evidence?

Wow. Just wow.

What's the item or link? Would like to see what pops up here when I look at the item

+ me.

I use something very close to my real full name as my eBay ID. As the things I sell are usually in the $5-200, it does not matter to me to do that. In retrospect I should have anticipated this request. Due to the things I own, I am not comfortable with divulging that in the open. Yes, there are those on here that know my real name due to a few transactions, but I make those transactions under a gentleman's agreement where it is unsaid that neither party would ever publicly list that information.

Wait, you're on eBay in front of the world's population, but you won't let us in on it?

Wow. Just wow.

I was thinking the same thing..... :screwy:

+ me.

Wow. Just wow.

That tells me that the OP has something to hide,sorry dude but that's a huge red flag. (tsk)

+ me.

Wow. Just wow.

Actually, I never said that I "only" deal with people who will preserve my anonymity. I said there is an unstated gentleman's agreement. I would never mention the real full name or address of any of the boardies I have dealt with in a post. I am under the idea that everyone here is of the same mindset when it comes to that. So, no, I am not comfortable doing that. Here is the email notification I received from the message with the names and auction blotted out.

I post that I will only ship to Australia using UPS Express, someone wrote to complain - what information in this leads you to believe that this is a fabrication or a 'bollocks story' ? Not seeing it here. You want information that is not really relevant to the question I asked, which was, "How should I respond?"

That's the best you are going to get.

ScreenShot2012-09-03at33815AM.png

+ me.

I use something very close to my real full name as my eBay ID. As the things I sell are usually in the $5-200, it does not matter to me to do that. In retrospect I should have anticipated this request. Due to the things I own, I am not comfortable with divulging that in the open. Yes, there are those on here that know my real name due to a few transactions, but I make those transactions under a gentleman's agreement where it need not be stated that neither party would ever publicly list that information.

If you're worried about you anonymity why use your real name on eBay where everyone can see it, where the real scammers all are?

Did you know you can very easily change your eBay username by going into "my eBay" and it would happen instantly and none of your auctions or feedback would be altered? Maybe it would be the thing to do since your worried about your user name?

I think you should be an adult and just leave it alone.
:o

He wanted an answer to his original question and that's the best I've got (shrug) Honestly, the way this thread has turned out he should never have started it IMHO.

He wanted an answer to his original question and that's the best I've got (shrug) Honestly, the way this thread has turned out he should never have started it IMHO.

I have to agree. I don't think a harmless response from a potential buyer was any big deal

or worth starting a thread about. I don't understand what you wanted to hear from us.

I have to agree. I don't think a harmless response from a potential buyer was any big deal

or worth starting a thread about. I don't understand what you wanted to hear from us.

I agree, it was 4am and I was cleaning up when I received the email. After I read the words "frog twaddled" I thought I would have some fun and invite others to see if they could come up with a response that would be better than what I would have come up with.

I probably should have just ignored it.

+ me.

Wow. Just wow.

That tells me that the OP has something to hide,sorry dude but that's a huge red flag. (tsk)

+1 and it's insulting to everyone reading this thread.

I use something very close to my real full name as my eBay ID. As the things I sell are usually in the $5-200, it does not matter to me to do that.

UPS Express is probably one of the worst ways for an ebay seller to ship internationally. It is extremely expensive and almost always ends up costing the buyer significant $ in brokerage fees that are tacked on prior to delivery. Most buyers will deal with taxes and duties, but stick them with expensive brokerage fees when you could ship it USPS and eliminate them entirely.... DSRs tend to suffer

For $5 -$200 items it is also ridiculously expensive. You should be expecting those sorts of emails on a regular basis if you plan on continuing to list internationally. If they bother you, either stop listing internationally or use one of the more cost effective options. Same recommendation about posting regarding your auctions on the CGC boards.

I sell $50-200 comic supplies internationally and I found it was best to ignore the Seller Protection requirements, as I would sell far less product and make much less money. Just build in a little $ from each sale to build a slush fund to account for the losses.

Wait, I'm confused (shrug)

Everyone on eBay can see and know his real name cus it's his eBay handle but he doesn't want to link the auction cus then WE will know who he is??? Do I have that right?

Is there a bunch of Ben wa auctions under his id or something hm

Wait, I'm confused (shrug)

Everyone on eBay can see and know his real name cus it's his eBay handle but he doesn't want to link the auction cus then WE will know who he is??? Do I have that right?

Is there a bunch of Ben wa auctions under his id or something hm

It is a strange one.

In the end, I suspect many of them might even know that 1st class is not trackable, and are honestly trying to rip you off.

meh

You ever left your borders?

Or is the criminal anarchy too much to handle?

Sorry, if I offended anyone, but eBay is loaded with people from all over the place looking to rip others off.

Thank you. That was my point...there's just as much criminal intent within the US as there is outside. :foryou:

:luhv: