• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC hits 2 million!

62 posts in this topic

Does that actually say "2 millionth book graded by CGC" on the label???

Someone hit the jackpot there hm

It does.

Yup

Certification #: 0194317002

Title: Thief of Thieves

Issue: 1

Issue Date: 2/12

Issue Year: 2012

Publisher: Image Comics

Grade: 9.8

Page Quality: WHITE

Label Text: 2 000 000TH COMIC BOOK CERTIFIED BY CGC

Grade Date: 08/31/2012

Category: Modern

Art Comments: Robert Kirkman & Nick Spencer story

Shawn Martinbrough cover & art

By the numbers:

2,000,000 Books - 11 Years

That is an average of 181,818 books a year.

If graded across those eleven years, that would be 727 books a day using a basis of 250 business days in a year.

Since it was mentioned that they graded 1,000,000 books over the course of 2 years.

That is an average of 500,000 books a year.

2,000 books a day.

No wonder there are delays in the turnaround times.

Now the question in those numbers comes to quality of grading. How effective can an individual grade be if they are grading 25 books a day? 50? 100?

On a side note... care to guess the revenue generated?

By the numbers:

If graded across those eleven years, that would be 727 books a day using a basis of 250 business days in a year.

Since it was mentioned that they graded 1,000,000 books over the course of 2 years.

2,000 books a day.

Now the question in those numbers comes to quality of grading. How effective can an individual grade be if they are grading 25 books a day? 50? 100?

Gotta be minimum $60 million and probably closer to $75 million with imaging, fast track, graders notes, etc hm

By the numbers:

2,000 books a day.

Gotta be minimum $60 million and probably closer to $75 million with imaging, fast track, graders notes, etc hm

True, even as it was pointed out that they have probably not graded 2,000,000 books individually this was the 2,000,000 time they graded a book. In my estimation I used the $35 tier as a basis and I got $70,000,000... I would say that the $75 million is more accurate and could even be slightly higher than that.

Keep in mind that this does not even include annual membership fees.

By the numbers:

2,000 books a day.

True, even as it was pointed out that they have probably not graded 2,000,000 books individually this was the 2,000,000 time they graded a book. In my estimation I used the $35 tier as a basis and I got $70,000,000... I would say that the $75 million is more accurate and could even be slightly higher than that.

Keep in mind that this does not even include annual membership fees.

That's just over 5.8 million dollars a year. (worship)

So a beter question is how many books in a slab --> deducting destroyed books /stolen books/ books removed / slabs run over by blind little old women in minivans who grade for pgx / other ?

:)

Well, i'm pretty sure silver surfer has personally deslabbed a few hundred thousand Pedigrees so im gonna say just over 1.25 million slabs remaining hm

That is a question that really cannot be answered with any degree of accuracy. In order to figure that you would need to know the answers to certain questions:

What is the level of business that the pressers work at? How many books are they cracking and pressing each year?

How many are calling into CGC to ask them to remove a registry number?

We can guess but I do not believe that we can accurately answer this question.

Nice! It took CGC ten years to grade 1 million,but only two years to grade the other mil.Damn they are busy. :ohnoez:

It took them about 8 years to grade the first MIL but they didn't have nearly the graders the first few years that they do today. Took them about 4 years to do the second MIL.

Strangely enough I was just talking to someone last week and arguing that they are at 2MIL by now and he wouldn't hear any of it.

;)

The CGC census only has 1,827,708 books on it.

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/stats.asp (slow loading, calculates the full census numbers each time it loads)

If we presume that resubmissions which are noted as resubmissions are removed from the census,

that would be 172,292 books resubmitted, identified as resubs, and removed from the census

(about 8.6%).

Who knows how many resubs aren't mentioned as resubs?

They stay on the census as phantom slabs.

The number of "actual slabs in existence" is probably significantly lower than 2million.

Perhaps 1.6million.