• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you still remember your first comic ?

105 posts in this topic

Nice story Cal

My first comic was FF 34. My mom bought it at a Flea Market we were at in NY. I loved that cover and I used to try to draw the FF characters all the time from that cover.

I don't know what happened to the particular book but I have a replacement copy stored away.

Around that time, I would take ONE DOLLAR, go to the store, and buy 8 comics for 12 cent cover price, and the sales tax would leave me with ONE CENT. I got :

1) TOS

2) TTA

3) ASM

4) THOR

5) Avengers

6) FF

7) Daredevil

8) switch off between Batman/Superman/Legion of Superheroes, just about anything to try something different. Usually that 8th comic was trade bait as there WERE quite a few of our circle that was very loyal to DC...

CAL the kid still...

Not sure about the first comic but when I was 8 I bought 6 books down at the Jersey Shore one Summer.

I still have the X-Men 114 and Ms Marvel 20 even though they are well read.

I think 3 of the other 4 books were Devil Kids 20, Marvel Permier 43, and Godzilla 15.

I think most or all of the comics I had before that were gifts.

Some great stories!! For me, it was the late '80s as I'm not as... mature as some of you. ;) My brothers were into Marvel comics pretty big, and they had stacks of them. I read a fair number, but the comic I remember the best that ignited my imagination was Incredible Hulk 376. I was just blown away by the story-the battle for Banner's mind. It had a huge grey vs green fight in Banner's head, and in the physical world he was part green, part grey, part Banner rampaging through town. I still love that Peter David run; epic stuff.

735641.jpg