• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers, add this guy to your eBay blacklist

49 posts in this topic

bidStart.com doesn't allow this stuff to happen to sellers. Check it out when you get a chance. Stores are free, no FVF on shipping, unlimited listings that can all be GTC, allowing up to 100 scans/photos for each listing. Nothing to lose there. :)

What about traffic? It's great to have all these incentives to be there as a seller, but no one wants to be in a ghost town with not many buyers. Especially in the comic book arena.

It's like PGX competing with CGC. Great in theory and principle, but not realistic. Is it practical for comic book sellers to ditch eBay for bidStart? I'm not ready for that.

Who says you have to abandon feebay? I haven't. You can sell on multiple sites, especially when it doesn't cost you anything, until you make a sale. bidstart allows you to to sync up your ebay listings with them. Effortless. Easy. Fast. The more people that start doing this, will create more traffic away from feebay. Your attitude is disappointing. It's what allows feebay to keep screwing over sellers. It's not wise to put all your eggs in one basket. Especially in this day and age when there are so many options available. Check it out sometime. Contact support with any questions. They are quick to respond to any concerns. :)

You actually called the guy's house?? If that's true, I got mad respect for that! (thumbs u

And the cell phone connected to his ebay. I am still debating if I should take the four hour drive and make him manually remove the feedback.

Once I googled his address and found out that he was similar age to myself AND had been using ebay for years to scam sellers into sending him things only to open unpaid item cases it was game on.

That would not be wise. I have made a phone call here and there but would not personally go to someone's home.

but he left me negative feedback for no reason! Using internet phone pranking can only get me so far!

Is it further than a trip to the morgue? I am trying to remember. Was it you that said that you contacted someone over facebook inquired about their daughter? If not then I apologize in advance.

You actually called the guy's house?? If that's true, I got mad respect for that! (thumbs u

And the cell phone connected to his ebay. I am still debating if I should take the four hour drive and make him manually remove the feedback.

Once I googled his address and found out that he was similar age to myself AND had been using ebay for years to scam sellers into sending him things only to open unpaid item cases it was game on.

That is great. I don't know that I'd drive to his house though. That might cause some issues....

you're right. I'll just continue to use my internet-phone-calling skills to get results.

Do what I did a few years ago, but I am not sure it quite applies here. I sent all the info to the local county police department. Got chummy with them on the phone and low behold on a slow day they drove out to his house for a chat. In my case it was a seller who had my money, but would ship the books. I at least got my money back.

That would not be wise. I have made a phone call here and there but would not personally go to someone's home.

but he left me negative feedback for no reason! Using internet phone pranking can only get me so far!

Is it further than a trip to the morgue? I am trying to remember. Was it you that said that you contacted someone over facebook inquired about their daughter? If not then I apologize in advance.

Yes I inquired about his daughter. Even though I do not remember why I inquired about his daughter, I'm sure there was a lot of douchbagery on his part that provoked it.

About phone calls. When you request their phone number the other person gets an email saying you requested it. I can't tell you how many times a NPB has paid right after i requested their number.

A few times i've had to call. Once i got the NPB's abusive mother but the rest of the time it went well with a call.

You just have to be careful, Ebay won't side with the seler unless their is explicit extortion and unsolicited........frankly, whether is comics or other good, I think there is a group of sewerdwellingdooshnozzlers, who make a living out of this (getting ebay sellers to give them stuff).

I'd think you would be fine in this situation, the buyer basically threatens not to pay and to blast you with a neg if you don't cancel......

Yes I inquired about his daughter. Even though I do not remember why I inquired about his daughter, I'm sure there was a lot of douchbagery on his part that provoked it.

And the guy's daughter had what exactly to do with that ?

You just have to be careful, Ebay won't side with the seler unless their is explicit extortion and unsolicited........frankly, whether is comics or other good, I think there is a group of sewerdwellingdooshnozzlers, who make a living out of this (getting ebay sellers to give them stuff).

I'd think you would be fine in this situation, the buyer basically threatens not to pay and to blast you with a neg if you don't cancel......

I was about to post this as reference,

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.phillips13/luca.htm

This is the person in question. This is about previous transactions using a different ebay ID. So really, all justified on my part.

Also, he requested MY personal information from ebay (after I had at least two conversations with ebay about how this person is a scam artist), which is how phone numbers were given out in the first place!

Who says you have to abandon feebay? I haven't. You can sell on multiple sites, especially when it doesn't cost you anything, until you make a sale. bidstart allows you to to sync up your ebay listings with them. Effortless. Easy. Fast. The more people that start doing this, will create more traffic away from feebay. Your attitude is disappointing. It's what allows feebay to keep screwing over sellers. It's not wise to put all your eggs in one basket. Especially in this day and age when there are so many options available. Check it out sometime. Contact support with any questions. They are quick to respond to any concerns. :)

I just checked out bidStart. Some observations.

bidStart allows you to sync up your eBay listings with them only if it's at a FIXED price or store listing! :eyeroll:

I only use AUCTION STYLE listings!

If I have 2 or 3 copies of the SAME high grade comic book, I would be willing to try that upstart bidStart.

If I only have 1 copy, which auction site should I choose? eBay or bidStart? Hmmmm? hm

With eBay, I know for a fact there is a well established market for comic book sellers and buyers. At this point and time, bidStart doesn't have much. I looked at the listings.

When bidStart gains more market share in the auction site sector, I will definitely check it out.

My attitude is realistic, not disappointing. I'm looking for buyers. eBay is where I must be for now.

Wish you luck with bidStart.

BTW, I noticed each auction listing on bidStart has an unrelated 3rd party ad predominantly in it?!?!? No thanks. doh!

The guy called me gay, I googled his name, found his facebook. His profile was of him and a very attractive daughter at university graduation.

My message to him was through ebay to which he replied she doesn't like scum bags. I than disagreed for several more back and forth messages.

But this isn't about me. This is about D-Bag ebay buyers. Who just happen to be attracted to my "swaggar".

The guy called me gay, I googled his name, found his facebook. His profile was of him and a very attractive daughter at university graduation.

My message to him was through ebay to which he replied she doesn't like scum bags. I than disagreed for several more back and forth messages.

But this isn't about me. This is about D-Bag ebay buyers. Who just happen to be attracted to my "swaggar".

You probably lead him on with all your "get your dad from behind" buffoonery ...

Oh I remember why I was talking about his daughter. The guy kept sending me best offers on items. But everytime I would say "this is the lowest I'll go" he kept going way lower.

So when I started going higher and higher with my messages he started offering trades. He offered to trade me some marvel trading cards from the 90's for an Invincible CGC SS 9.6.

Needless to say thats when the "you're gay" / "you're daughter is hot you should hook me up" / "she doesn't go for scum bags like you " / "she went to Western, so obviously shes down, what do you think she was doing for the past four years?"

conversation arose.

If I only have 1 copy, which auction site should I choose? eBay or bidStart? Hmmmm? hm

BTW, I noticed each auction listing on bidStart has an unrelated 3rd party ad predominantly in it?!?!? No thanks. doh!

I totally agree. I only use ebay for auction style listings. That's a no brainer. :)

I've never seen a third party ad. I have adblock plus. Never surf the internet without it. :)

I do not have any children. I believe that if I did, I would be abnormally protective of them, especially a daughter in a manner above and beyond in comparison to how most would react after seeing some of the things that I have.

Oh I remember why I was talking about his daughter. The guy kept sending me best offers on items. But everytime I would say "this is the lowest I'll go" he kept going way lower.

So when I started going higher and higher with my messages he started offering trades. He offered to trade me some marvel trading cards from the 90's for an Invincible CGC SS 9.6.

Needless to say thats when the "you're gay" / "you're daughter is hot you should hook me up" / "she doesn't go for scum bags like you " / "she went to Western, so obviously shes down, what do you think she was doing for the past four years?"

conversation arose.

Notwithstanding the guy being a probable jerk, if you drop the conversation down to his level, you lose your moral ground.

conversation arose.

Notwithstanding the guy being a probable jerk, if you drop the conversation down to his level, you lose your moral ground.

What exactly about Jimmy has made you EVER think he's worried about losing moral ground??? ???

:facepalm:

What kind of a New Yorker are you? :baiting:

My policy is to never cancel a transaction with someone who I do not know. The reason is simple - if you cancel a transaction as a seller, the buyer (who did not pay) can leave you a NEGATIVE if he wants and there is nothing you can do.

Think about it - guy buys a comic from you, tells you a sob story. you cancel and he negs you! You then complain to eBay and eBay says - well, it was a "completed transaction" as you both agreed to cancel - feedback stands!

This happened to me. Since then, if someone does not pay, I file a claim and get my FVF refunded. If I am feeling generous for some reason, I will refrain from hitting them with a NPB claim and just eat the FVF. I will never cancel a transaction again.