• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #129 CGC 9.6 White pages! THREAD CLOSED.

65 posts in this topic

Paypal, checks, money orders, cashier's checks all accepted. My Paypal ID is nearmint@aol.com. Both books pressed by Joey.

MARVEL TALES #1 CGC 9.2 WHITE PAGES SOLD!

One of the tougher Marvel SA books in high grade. Only 6 copies grade higher than this white-paged beauty.

This book arrived today from CGC with the top left post snapped off and floating in the CGC holder. There are no cracks in the holder.

$1500 $1260 shipped...

marveltales1.jpg

Paypal, checks, money orders, cashier's checks all accepted. My Paypal ID is nearmint@aol.com. Both books pressed by Joey.

MARVEL TALES #1 CGC 9.2 WHITE PAGES

One of the tougher Marvel SA books in high grade. Only 6 copies grade higher than this white-paged beauty.

This book arrived today from CGC with the top left post snapped off and floating in the CGC holder. There are no cracks in the holder.

$1500 shipped...

marveltales1.jpg

Solid eye-popping colors! Looks like it just came fresh off the rack! Rare in high grade big time!

Perhaps if people want to start a discussion it should happen in the sales discussion thread. Here, it's worth pointing out that Jeff disclosed up front that the two comics had been pressed.

Perhaps if people want to start a discussion it should happen in the sales discussion thread. Here, it's worth pointing out that Jeff disclosed up front that the two comics had been pressed.

Based on fanfourforever's link above, it's also worth pointing out that Jeff has a discerning eye and a quick trigger finger. Everyone on the Boards had the opportunity but he had the courage of his convictions. No shame there. Congrats!

1. Bad form

2. Pressing has been disclosed and the book looks like a solid 9.2

MARVEL TALES #1 CGC 9.2 WHITE PAGES

$1500 shipped...

marveltales1.jpg

Interesting GPA on this book in 9.4.

Only two non-pedigree copies recorded, Aug 2012 for $4,101 and Oct 2002 for....

$85. lol

MT 1 also has 2 distinctions that are noteworthy:

- the first annual issue to start an ongoing series

- the most successful and longest reprint series in the history of comics

Truly a significant historical "reprint" book.

GLWTS!

John

My how times have changed! A few years ago when members of the boards revealed the previous grade of books that were pressed into their new form, they were congratulated and praised for their diligence. Now they are vilified as "superdouches". I would be kind of sad if I gave a about what you thought. I'm absolutly positive the seller does not care that I posted the previous grade. He buys presses and flips books here all the time. It's the way comic collecting works now.

MT 1 also has 2 distinctions that are noteworthy:

- the first annual issue to start an ongoing series

- the most successful and longest reprint series in the history of comics

Truly a significant historical "reprint" book.

GLWTS!

John

Now your making me wanna read a copy....

Gorgeous books.

Good luck.