• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will the real BULLSEYE please standup.....

43 posts in this topic

The Bullsey in Fury is a completely unrelated character.

Pretty sure he died early on.

Marvel has a number of characters with the same name.

Capt Marvel is one example. One was a Kree warrior, the other is a black woman. Power-Man was a heel who fought the Avengers a number of times before Luke Cage came along and took his name.

Completely unrelated?!? ???

He's an assassin with a bullseye on his costume for gods sake! I realize their costumes are different colors but how much more related can they possible be??? (shrug)

There's only so much one can do when taking the name "Bullseye." Apparently the guys at the super villain costume shop said this image wouldn't translate to spandex so well....

bulls-eye.jpg

Also, marketing kinda pushed the name on him with the whole assassin thing going on. "Assassin Guy" didn't have the pep most super villains are looking for and the guy from the Simpsons threatened a lawsuit when he tried to call himself "Killer Bee."

tumblr_lvef54AiOW1r3wx8n.gif

So, "Bullseye" it was and given the name and the limited abilities of the crew at super villain tailor shoppe, there was only so much to be done. Concentric circles require limited skill and stand out better than an actual bull's anatomical eye, so there you go.

There is no relation between the original turd of a character and the Miller/Affleck monstrosity that ruins comics today.

Rumor has it that this guy is the current Bullseye. He left DC after having Robin's face surgically removed from his butt-cheeks. Apparently that sort of thing wasn't in his contract. They spent decades tied up in court and once he was free to go on his way, he moved over to Marvel, obscured his past, and somehow had the misfortune of getting Colin Farrell to play him in the worst Marvel movie since Howard the Duck.

300px-Batman_7.jpg

Rumor has it that this guy is the current Bullseye. He left DC after having Robin's face surgically removed from his butt-cheeks. Apparently that sort of thing wasn't in his contract. They spent decades tied up in court and once he was free to go on his way, he moved over to Marvel, obscured his past, and somehow had the misfortune of getting Colin Farrell to play him in the worst Marvel movie since Howard the Duck.

300px-Batman_7.jpg

:roflmao:

Capt Marvel is one example. One was a Kree warrior, the other is a black woman. Power-Man was a heel who fought the Avengers a number of times before Luke Cage came along and took his name.

He's an assassin with a bullseye on his costume for gods sake! I realize their costumes are different colors but how much more related can they possible be??? (shrug)

I think the second Bullseye appropriated the first one's schtick - it may have been mentioned in a pre-Miller DD issue.

The Nick Fury one is Bulls Eye (As in the eye of a bull)

DD is Bullseye as in the target

I think the second Bullseye appropriated the first one's schtick - it may have been mentioned in a pre-Miller DD issue.

And the second one can't spell, as he calls Daredevil, "Hornead."

14457-2190-16163-1-daredevil_super.jpg

:gossip: Don't tell him I said that. :eek:

The Fury Bullseye has a target on his chest. (shrug)

And the second one can't spell, as he calls Daredevil, "Hornead."

14457-2190-16163-1-daredevil_super.jpg

:gossip: Don't tell him I said that. :eek:

That's awesome! :roflmao:

The Fury Bullseye has a target on his chest. (shrug)

Exactly! Why doesn't he have a picture of a bull or an eye then instead of the same freaking bullseye that bullseye sports?!? ???

Both Captian Marvels were super-heros and hung out with the Avengers. Guess that makes them related , as well.

Awesome analogy as always! :applause:

They were incredibly similar unlike these 2 Bullseyes! meh

There is three

$T2eC16RHJGoE9nuQfR+GBQGDlDC1oQ~~60_57.JPG

hm I think shadroch is a wrestling fan.

For what it's worth, CGC labels DD #131 as the "First appearance of the new Bullseye". Always wondered why they did that.

Because Fury 15 was the 1st appearence of the "old' Bullseye. I wonder how many people got hoodwinked into buying the 1960s book back when Miller DDs ruled.

Not Marvel :baiting:

Similar Elements on costume.

Maybe creators of the other Bulls Eye / Bullseye were influenced by him

I can't tell if he's an assassin or a gay cowboy hm

I think there was an independent film made about it. It was referenced on South Park, something about a movie about "gay cowboys eating pudding."

Both Captian Marvels were super-heros and hung out with the Avengers. Guess that makes them related , as well.

Awesome analogy as always! :applause:

They were incredibly similar unlike these 2 Bullseyes! meh

There is three

$T2eC16RHJGoE9nuQfR+GBQGDlDC1oQ~~60_57.JPG

:facepalm:

There ARE three.

:baiting: