• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Jkelly said:

Since your submission is only 3 books sometimes the smaller boxes get to jump the line. One of my last submissions had something like 28 books submitted at the same time and the straggler 3 came back to me like 2 weeks before the others.

So you're saying there's a chance??? 

Jim Carey voice lmao 

On 6/3/2021 at 10:20 AM, skybolt said:

As an update, I did talk to a CGC representative today and they were very receptive. They asked me to send in photos, which will be shared with CCS. They did note that they won't likely get back to me until next week, which is understandable.

Got a response from CGC today that quick press does not guarantee removing all the bends / creases. I can resend the books in and pay for the difference between regular and quick press, and they'll attempt to remove the bends. CGC will pay for regrading the books, but I'll pay for shipping back and forth and go back in line, since it's not considered a mechanical error. At this point I don't think it's worth the extra hassle and cost to get this issue resolved. I have 9 more press submissions at CCS, but will use other options moving forward. Hopefully this was just a one time thing and the pressing will be better next time. Also, it appears that quick press is not the best option for thicker books, even though I've had good results in the past. The worst of the lot was my Thor #433, which received a 9.4 grade. I was really surprised that the quick press wasn't able to remove to creases (see below). Oh well, it' a lesson learned.

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Going to be renewing my membership , this was a fun ride and an important lesson. Thanks guys!

I take payment in bitcoin :devil: 

and/or smiles! lol I'm sure we all could use them :tink: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I take payment in bitcoin :devil: 

and/or smiles! lol I'm sure we all could use them :tink: 

At this point, yeah we could. lol 

I understand everyone's frustration ( I was definitely in that group) but sometimes not everything is going to go the way you want it to. Sometimes you have be at least just a little patient. I wasn't sure I'd ever see those books again and now it looks like it could be by next month.  Just hoping CCs worked their magic and I got good grades. lol 

7 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

At this point, yeah we could. lol 

I understand everyone's frustration ( I was definitely in that group) but sometimes not everything is going to go the way you want it to. Sometimes you have be at least just a little patient. I wasn't sure I'd ever see those books again and now it looks like it could be by next month.  Just hoping CCs worked their magic and I got good grades. lol 

This has been my morning by the way lol 

so read if you want haha

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

:tonofbricks:What book is it, if you don't mind me asking??

ya sale hasn't gone through yet so I'll wait on that....

Still, I'm not outing the sellers, it's just business and they're free to do as they please. Even if it all seems very unapologetically from my end :pullhair: c'est le vie :wishluck: 

Just announced In house private signing with :

Jim Lee

Todd Macfarlane

Scott Hanna 

Scott Williams

Joe Quesada 

Barack Obama

Joe Biden

Bugs Bunny

Marvin the Martian

Miss piggy

Sponge Bob