• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, lotofsilver said:

My results have varied but believe it can be up to a month+. The good news is that CGC seems to be prioritizing them now once they're back. Used to be another two months after CGC marked them received. 

Good ! Thought it was off that i was charged on a Sunday but whatever , let's go!!

So quick recap of January through March submissions (excluding EX, WT and Signings):

1/12 VALUE (4) F/I/S 4/15
2/11 PRESCREEN (25) F/I/S 5/21
2/11 PRESCREEN (15) F/I/S 5/24
3/5 PRESCREEN (25) F/I/S 6/7
3/5 PRESCREEN (25) F/I/S 6/8
3/16 MODERN (25) F/I/S 5/18
3/16 MODERN (25) F/I/S 5/18
3/30 FT MODERN (15) F/I/S 4/15

And THIS:

Screenshot_20210608-193301_Chrome.jpg

i sent a order in and the tracking shows it was delivered to cgc on april 30 but the package tracking number isnt in the cgc tracking verification warehouse, it says it might not have been scanned in by staff et but its been over a month, anyone else have had this problem or should i be really worried 

Quick question on declaring value on submissions...

In the unfortunate event of your books getting lost by CCS/CGC, how is FMV assigned to those books? I'm curious because the value I placed on the 3 books I sent in March were reflective of the prices I paid. Obviously the FMV in June is quite different. 

1 hour ago, Hibou said:

In the unfortunate event of your books getting lost by CCS/CGC, how is FMV assigned to those books? I'm curious because the value I placed on the 3 books I sent in March were reflective of the prices I paid. Obviously the FMV in June is quite different. 

Like the pricing change at time of submission, I would assume they respect the initial tier/FMV at time of submission but cant say for sure. I know they won't nickel & dime you though. Like before FMVs increased for tiers, I sent A LOT of stuff on the $200 FMV bubble Modern. They didnt upcharge me for like a 9.8 valued around 300.

Only go to post this one to show how quickly WT was processed, considering my last one was lost. This one has to be screened so it will sit for a while with CCS. I assume that is why I can not click the submission and see the details. Never had one screened before.

Walkthrough 

Delivered -Via Fedex 6-7

Received-6-8

SFG-

G/QC-

Shipped-

IMG_7069.jpg

1 hour ago, Hibou said:

As far as insurance purposes go you should declare the max value for the tier you are submitting in.  At least that is the advice I was given on my first submission.

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 03/09/21
Received 04/01/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/02/21
Grading/QC 06/08/21
Shipped 06/09/21

Delivered 03/23/21
Received 04/17/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/17/21

Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21

Delivered 04/15/21
Received 05/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 05/25/21

Delivered 04/26/21
Received 06/08/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/08/21

Delivered 05/04/21

Delivered 05/18/21

Delivered 06/01/21

1 hour ago, SeanYork said:

As far as insurance purposes go you should declare the max value for the tier you are submitting in.  At least that is the advice I was given on my first submission.

1 hour ago, Jaywalker0 said:

Like the pricing change at time of submission, I would assume they respect the initial tier/FMV at time of submission but cant say for sure. I know they won't nickel & dime you though. Like before FMVs increased for tiers, I sent A LOT of stuff on the $200 FMV bubble Modern. They didnt upcharge me for like a 9.8 valued around 300.

Thank you!

40 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Is anyone using a third party presser?? I see a lot of subs that go right to grading. 

Quite a few people, myself included, use CFP Comics for pressing needs. Joey hand delivers the books to CGC. 

There are others who use different third party pressers, but I don’t think those get hand delivered and entered right away. 

34 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Is anyone using a third party presser?? I see a lot of subs that go right to grading. 

Yes. I used CCS in October of last year and didn't get my books back until March and within that time I submitted my January box that you and I have been comparing times. I have now switched to this guy based in Los Angeles: https://www.cscspressing.com/ . Since switching to him I've had 3 boxes lap my January shipment (and probably a few more before all is said and done). He's relatively cheap - 10 bucks a book, 10% discount every 10 books submitted, 20% for 20 books submitted and he turns books around in 2-3 weeks. 

He's gotten me a better 9.8 return than when I went through CCS, so I cant complain. CGC still hasn't started unboxing from the date they announced the rate change so I feel like I whacked the CCS wait mole, but CGC is going to be a problem once we really see what that backlog is.

14 hours ago, DarkCerberus8 said:

i sent a order in and the tracking shows it was delivered to cgc on april 30 but the package tracking number isnt in the cgc tracking verification warehouse, it says it might not have been scanned in by staff et but its been over a month, anyone else have had this problem or should i be really worried 

I think this question got lost in the shuffle... CGC is opening packages that were delivered to them the week of April 19th, according to the Services page. So I'd think yours will be logged in in another two weeks give or take. I'd sit tight until then, unless there's any particular reason to worry.

25 minutes ago, Jkelly said:

Yes. I used CCS in October of last year and didn't get my books back until March and within that time I submitted my January box that you and I have been comparing times. I have now switched to this guy based in Los Angeles: https://www.cscspressing.com/ . Since switching to him I've had 3 boxes lap my January shipment (and probably a few more before all is said and done). He's relatively cheap - 10 bucks a book, 10% discount every 10 books submitted, 20% for 20 books submitted and he turns books around in 2-3 weeks. 

He's gotten me a better 9.8 return than when I went through CCS, so I cant complain. CGC still hasn't started unboxing from the date they announced the rate change so I feel like I whacked the CCS wait mole, but CGC is going to be a problem once we really see what that backlog is.

Thanks so much! Now I know where to go from now on. :headbang:

3 hours ago, Hibou said:

CGC not only can lose your books but they can also refuse a shipment because of package damage. Quote "

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.  The only reason CGC would refuse a package is if it is visibly damaged and we are concerned that the contents within may be damaged.  It is refused and returned to sender.   This way you have the necessary packaging and may file an insurance claim with the shipper if necessary. 

Best,

Dean A. Martin 

This happened to me, the only positive thing was it was for one book, Star Wars Heir to the Empire #1 in mint condition newsstand. USPS scanned it as refused and never returned it from Santa Rosa Beach Post Office. Someone who works a the P.O  knows what goes to CGC, valuable comics and stole it it's been month and nothing. Now i have to file a claim with USPS. Sucks.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Quite a few people, myself included, use CFP Comics for pressing needs. Joey hand delivers the books to CGC. 

There are others who use different third party pressers, but I don’t think those get hand delivered and entered right away. 

I thought to myself that there has to be a few out there that collectors are using to supplement that nutty turnaround times.