• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, Justin Jordan said:

Yeah my Value tier book, has been sitting in GEI for 4 weeks now. Kinda strange.... It definitely didn’t used to move like this. It would be 1-3 days at most in SFG and then 1-3 days in Quality Control 

this GEI is driving me crazy. 

I have an Express submission that has been sitting at GEI for almost two weeks too. When I called customer service advised they have a backlog, but I've never seen delays like this outside of my dreaded Eastman signing submission which was there for almost two months.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:46 PM, Every Day A Story said:

I have an Express submission that has been sitting at GEI for almost two weeks too. When I called customer service advised they have a backlog, but I've never seen delays like this outside of my dreaded Eastman signing submission which was there for almost two months.

Curious, is it also Value? 

On 7/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, Courageous Cat said:

express is simply a one and done. No value or fast track

To clarify, is it a pre-1975 book?

We've seen that many pre-1975 books have been delayed in GEI for weeks while modern books are flying through GEI.

Edited by Chazgee

On 7/26/2021 at 6:29 PM, JollyComics said:

What is the current week of delivered packages that are opened this week?

For future reference 

You can find it under current estimated tat page

At the top :foryou:

Screenshot_20210726-183635_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 7/26/2021 at 8:54 PM, dikran1 said:

Creeping up on 7th month for modern “quick” pressing… :taptaptap:

94FD05BA-0DF8-4390-9028-80F5295657EE.jpeg

Nice to know what I have to look forward to . . . 

10 Modern FT Pressing + Grading
Delivered: 4/26/21
CGC Received: 6/8/2021

On 7/26/2021 at 8:59 PM, Chazgee said:

Nice to know what I have to look forward to . . . 

10 Modern FT Pressing + Grading
Delivered: 4/26/21
CGC Received: 6/8/2021

Mine are slow, yours'll probably be done before mine 🤪

On 7/26/2021 at 9:58 PM, Chazgee said:

imo, trading cards should have gone under their own banner, like sports cards, and not under the comic banner.  2c

Agreed. I don't fault the parent company for MTG/Pokemon grading. I only question why it's wasn't spun off to its own division rather than sidling CGC with it.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, Chazgee said:

To clarify, is it a pre-1975 book?

We've seen that many pre-1975 books have been delayed in GEI for weeks while modern books are flying through GEI.

Yes, it's a Tales To Astonish 90 from 1967. Graded under Crossover Express from PGX :eek:

My set of 25 are still at received and we are quickly approaching 3 months since I shipped them out.  I heard all over the place last weekend at Gem City that people were not submitting books until the turn around time comes down.  

3 Book - Standard with Custom Labels

Delivered: 05/12

Confirmed: 05/14

Opened:    07/14

SFG:       07/14

G/E/I:     07/22

G/Q:       07/27

Shipped:

1 Book - Express

Delivered: 05/12

Confirmed: 05/14

Received:  07/14

SFG:       07/14

G/E/I:     07/21

Graded:    07/21

G/Q:       07/27

Shipped:   07/27

Edited by Willbert

Does anyone truly know how CGC calculates their "Current Turnaround Times"?  If you already knew this, great.  I didn't...and now I know.  This is me, finding this out from practical, recent experience...Let me tell you about my submission to CSG.  Why?  Because the smaller sample size brought out what I believe is the correct solution.

I subbed a "standard" submission to CSG.  At the time it was a 30 day TAT.

After 30 I started checking in on the status daily...

TAT climbed up to the 40 day TAT.

My submission went into 60 days without being received...TAT was at 47 days on the CSG website

On day 67 my "standard" submission was finally logged into the system "Received" at CSG.  Went to "Scheduled for Grading" the same day...and the TAT went from 47 days to 67 days at the same time.  Yes, the TAT on the CSG site jumped from 47 to 67 the moment my submission was logged in!

So I'm assuming the posted TAT on the site is the oldest submission logged into the system "Scheduled for Grading" at CGC and being that the clock stopped for my sub at 67...it must be the time delivered to the time it reaches SfG.  That is why some peeps are getting them sooner than the TAT's posted cuz it's just the count of the oldest sub in the system at the time...

All this said, it just means my CSG sub is the last loser...yippie, i'm last.

Edited by IceHole