• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,079 posts in this topic

I have no idea what CSG is but the posted TaT start the day that your books are delivered to CGC. This is new. Only started the last 60 days or so. Before that it started the day your books were received into the system by CGC.  So CGC could technically of had your books for 6 weeks without your TaT starting.

SFG usually the same time they are received. Its the new Verified if you are an old timer.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:53 PM, gregwynn said:

I have no idea what CSG is but the posted TaT start the day that your books are delivered to CGC. This is new. Only started the last 60 days or so. Before that it started the day your books were received into the system by CGC.  So CGC could technically of had your books for 6 weeks without your TaT starting.

SFG usually the same time they are received. Its the new Verified if you are an old timer.

CSG is the sports card branch of Certified Collectables Group...just like CGC is the comics grading and CCS is the pressing, ect.  They are all listed on the very bottom of the web site.

I'm not commenting on the TAT of "your" submission.  Or anyone else's.  I'm just commenting on the TAT posted by CGC...how is THAT number generated. 

On 7/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, 1Cool said:

My set of 25 are still at received and we are quickly approaching 3 months since I shipped them out.  I heard all over the place last weekend at Gem City that people were not submitting books until the turn around time comes down.  

I definitely fall into that camp.  The only tiers that make any remote sense to submit now are Express and Walkthrough.  But then again I've seen enough people posting that their EX boxes aren't opened for months, which would scare the out of me considering that any books I'd be submitting to EX or WT tierd are my crown jewels.  No thank you, I'm gonna hold of on all submissions until the Modern Slow TATs are back below 50 days, if that ever even occurs.  I've already stopped the auto renew on my Elite membership which was due to renew in September.  Hopefully with 6 months things will be better, but who the heck knows?

2x Express (no addl services) - 20 day TAT on received date

Delivered: 7/8
CGC Rcvd: 7/9
CGC Charged: 7/15
SFG: 7/9
Grdng/Encap/Img: 7/13
Grading/QC: 7/26
F/I/S: 7/27

First time through new status updates. Agree with others, whether accurate or not, seems each stage takes longer. I guess it's a bone to throw to masses to cut down on all the frantic "where my books?!?!" inquiries. Also got nailed hard by grades. Whether tightened up standards among newbies or just run afoul of the one guy killing previous subs....(shrug)

Edited by Jaywalker0

On 7/19/2021 at 7:57 AM, Aarrow108 said:

6x Book Economy Submission (No Press, No FT)

Received - 4/1/21

SFG - 4/2/21

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - 7/16/21

12x Book Value Submission (No Press, No FT)

Received - 4/1/21

SFG - 4/2/21

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - 7/19/21

These Economy and Value submissions are still sitting in GEI. However, my 25x Modern Pre-Screen submission has moved interestingly enough...

25x Book Pre-Screen Modern Submission (No Press, No FT)
Received - 3/26/21
SFG - 7/8/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - 7/26/21
Grading/Quality Control - 7/27/21

Did we ever get a clear answer as to what the hell the difference is between GEI vs GQC ?

On 7/27/2021 at 5:48 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

2x Express (no addl services) - 20 day TAT on received date

Delivered: 7/8
CGC Rcvd: 7/9
CGC Charged: 7/15
SFG: 7/9
Grdng/Encap/Img: 7/13
Grading/QC: 7/26
F/I/S: 7/27

First time through new status updates. Agree with others, whether accurate or not, seems each stage takes longer. I guess it's a bone to throw to masses to cut down on all the frantic "where my books?!?!" inquiries. Also got nailed hard by grades. Whether tightened up standards among newbies or just run afoul of the one guy killing previous subs....(shrug)

I experienced this too on my last submission which is yet another reason to delay submissions.  I would say that on average the books came back 1 or 2 grades below anticipated.  A few were even worse than that.  I guess that with all of the new graders they are erring on the side of caution.  Not good for those submitting books.  Let face it, we all want the highest grades possible.  Dumping the 9.4 and below books on Ebay is a fools errand where you just hope to recoup your grading costs.  This is especially painful when you waited 6 months for the book to come back.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, Petroman said:

would say that on average the books came back 1 or 2 grades below anticipated.  A few were even worse than that. 

Same.   

My Express were low grade silvers I finally got hands on for the PC for not an arm & leg. It's not that I got 3s when I expected 4s, it's that for that low, you'd expect a laundry list of problems in notes, right? Nope 2 lines. I mean, I got two treasured books with 5.0 grades last year. Each one had four to five lines listing problems. So I guess my books got the grader going through a nasty breakup. :cry:

On 7/27/2021 at 4:08 PM, Aarrow108 said:

These Economy and Value submissions are still sitting in GEI. However, my 25x Modern Pre-Screen submission has moved interestingly enough...

Received - 3/26/21
SFG - 7/8/21

Did we ever get a clear answer as to what the hell the difference is between GEI vs GQC ?

Glad to see some movement on a pre-screen... looks like I'm a couple weeks out I guess. 

On 7/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Received - 3/26/21
SFG - 7/8/21

Still in Grading/Quality Control , but my credit card was charged early this morning (7/28/21). Based on the amount, 21-22 of these books passed the prescreen. Not bad at all.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, Willbert said:

3 Book - Standard with Custom Labels

Delivered: 05/12

Confirmed: 05/14

Opened:    07/14

SFG:       07/14

G/E/I:     07/22

Graded:    07/22

G/Q:       07/27

Shipped:   07/28

So not super bad. 10 Weeks for Standard . 2 Weeks after received. My standard was received 26 July.