• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2021 at 6:39 PM, Petroman said:

The website says they are only opening submissions from the week of May 24.  How the heck did you get so many Slow Modern orders to be processed so quickly?  I'm guessing you're a dealer with some sort of "in" that allows for faster processing?  Would make sense based on the very high volume of your submissions.

There are TAT then there are Greggy TAT....

On 8/3/2021 at 6:25 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.6c0539dfb27a7c599294b8da00a52382.png

I don't ask much of CGC but if I spend extra money for fast track I expect them to be graded before someone who doesn't pay fast track.  My fast track modern set that they received on 5/3 are still sitting at scheduled for grading.  

Sent 10 books in Express, Received 7/27, Shipped 8/2. 5 Amazing Spider-man # 361 Newsstand and 5 Venom Lethal Protector # 1 Gold Edition, just wanted to ride the movie hype before it comes out. I also wanted to see how quick Express will be, i have two more sent in from Terrificon, Comic Mint Moon Knight #1 by Ken Lashley, trade and virgin. I still get the 15% off as i renewed membership before the price change,  so i figured $102 with discount, and if you add fast track and grading for regular modern $22 +$15 +37, you are technically paying roughly $67 or so extra to have your book in less than two weeks. Now everyone doesn't have that money to spend, and also books may not be worth it. but some some books may not be relevant by the time they get back.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, PKJ said:

Nice to see a 6-3 modern ship already

I am now on my third email to see why my 6-8 received Walk Through has not moved at all.

I think some kind of compensation (grading fee reimbursement) is deserved here.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:22 PM, Gaard said:

I think some kind of compensation (grading fee reimbursement) is deserved here.

It is a prescreen but is now well past the TAT. They finally today moved it to "in process".

Items........Date I shipped:.........CGC marked received.........Tier................................Status

14...............Mid March.......................4/1/21........................Value.......................Grading/Encapsulation

1.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Walkthru...................Grading Encapsulation

2.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Express....................Scheduled for Grading

8.................5/28/21............................8/4/21.......................Standard..................Scheduled for Grading

6.................5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Modern....................???

1.................5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Mag Modern............???

1.................5/29/21............................Not yet......................Mag Economy..........???

28...............5/29/21............................Not Yet......................Economy..................???

On 8/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, PKJ said:

I am now on my third email to see why my 6-8 received Walk Through has not moved at all.

WT that's entering 2nd month of grading w/no status change?! Did you have pressing done? Because that would be scaring me that book was lost/damaged and someone was scrambling on the back end.    

Not saying yours has been, but I sent an Express order rcvd early July that's already come back :/