• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,076 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, 1Cool said:

It is time!  

25 Prescreen Modern Fast Track 

Delivered 5/3/21

Received 6/24/21

G/E/I 8/17/21

Moving quick!  Must be because they are all 9.8s.

25 Prescreen Modern Fast Track 

Delivered 5/3/21

Received 6/24/21

G/E/I 8/17/21

Grading / Quality Control 8/17/21

On 8/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, Ninja0215 said:

My booksnjust went to SFG today, does that mean I have to wait another 97 days for them to come back???:tonofbricks:

This your CCS order? If so, probably not. I think the CCS ETA includes grading time baked in. One of my boxes took 9 days, the other took 12 as soon as it got back to CGC proper last month.

On 8/17/2021 at 10:46 PM, Jkelly said:

This your CCS order? If so, probably not. I think the CCS ETA includes grading time baked in. One of my boxes took 9 days, the other took 12 as soon as it got back to CGC proper last month.

Well I hope that's the case lol they could take their time billing me though, I have to catch up from my vacation lol🤣

On 8/17/2021 at 7:52 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Well I hope that's the case lol they could take their time billing me though, I have to catch up from my vacation lol🤣

You never know what will go awry with CGC. Half my box I got last week had wrong labels. Thankfully they paid for the shipping back so I threw my next submission in with it...

In true CGC fashion only 3 of the 6 invoices that were in that box were checked in. So who knows what may happen.

On 8/18/2021 at 12:23 PM, X_Phile said:

I must have missed the announcement that they are switching from FIFO to LIFO for completing books. How is it that two subs received 3 weeks later are moving and the other two aren't? 

image.thumb.png.aeb7b6a73bd94ec1cb8fff712b085359.png

I have FT Value and FT Economy books received 6/23 that are at SFG while my FT Moderns received the same time have been shipped. More consistent inconsistency! 

My Mechanical error received 7/29

shipped today all fixed the way I wanted 

@Gaard I believe we were in discussion on mechanical errors being done, not sure who else :shy: ah it was @Jkelly

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

My Mechanical error received 7/29

shipped today all fixed the way I wanted 

@Gaard I believe we were in discussion on mechanical errors being done, not sure who else :shy: ah it was @Jkelly

Thanks for the heads up! My ME was delivered to them Monday and i was able to sneak my next batch in with it which was pretty nice to see them all go into the system with it and not the two month wait. Hopefully the Mechanical error fix is on a similar timeline as yours.

Wow they got shipped back today.  But I guess since they only needed to grade 10 of them out of 25 it went quickly.  7 9.6s and 3 9.8s is just terrible but at least the 9.6s will still do pretty well considering they are books like Hulk 340 and Thor 337.  I’ll take a look and see if I can see why they rejected so many.

1 REHOLDER

Delivered: 08/03

SFG:       08/04

G/E/I:     08/14

G/Q:       08/18

Shipped:   08/19

12 Business Days is surprisingly quick but let's wait and see how the holder looks. Last 2 express submissions the slabs looked awful and had to go back. Like awful to the point that even the laxest quality control should of caught them.