• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2021 at 12:10 PM, Jkelly said:

My experience with CCS as a product is pretty solid. I've had a few blue chip books that I got from shops that were quoted at like an 8.5 (and I would have been happy with) that came back a 9.6. If CCS had a normal turn around time I would probably continue to use them for convenience and for insurance just in case a book i pressed on my own hits a corner the wrong way in transit to CGC. I personally, have not had any horror experiences with them messing up a book or going lower than anticipated but I am sure they are out there.

Ty so much! I appreciate it. 

On 8/20/2021 at 12:10 PM, Jkelly said:

My experience with CCS as a product is pretty solid. I've had a few blue chip books that I got from shops that were quoted at like an 8.5 (and I would have been happy with) that came back a 9.6. If CCS had a normal turn around time I would probably continue to use them for convenience and for insurance just in case a book i pressed on my own hits a corner the wrong way in transit to CGC. I personally, have not had any horror experiences with them messing up a book or going lower than anticipated but I am sure they are out there.

Id like to continue to use them but I'm not making any hard and fast decisions   until the latest batch comes home. 

On 8/20/2021 at 8:06 AM, gregwynn said:

One of the reasons not to use CCS for your pressing. Lots of better options out there and they will ship your books to CGC for you.

157 days is definitely crazy, however everyone is backed up like mad right now. I think CFP is about 5+ months wait right now and Avery is about 4+, but he sends stuff in which will add another month to get to received.

On 8/14/2021 at 2:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Really, I get to post this over 24 hours later after first seeing some good news? :banana:

Moderns back under 100

Low- Value Reholder a massive reduction 

I am hopeful that the old pricing surge is finally coming to an end, and with the comic market slight pull-back in market pricing (which is healthy for us all by the way) we are seeing them get caught up a little.

881095896_ScreenShot2021-08-14at11_41_18AM.thumb.png.5428e5e6c6567d4d16034d37ae7e1c34.png

And 1 week later, back over 100. FT is quicker, however. Seems very convenient ... the less expensive option is getting slower, while the more expensive option is getting faster.

ss821.jpg

On 7/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Oooouuuccchhh. I have a 4 book Fast Track Modern CCS received 03/30 still sitting at "CCS in Process" 😣

These finally hit received at CGC on 08/11/21.  Shipped on 08/17/21. Coincidentally all right after I questioned the status and was given a "TAT is 130 days, plus 78 days" response. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:25 AM, Gaard said:

And 1 week later, back over 100. FT is quicker, however. Seems very convenient ... the less expensive option is getting slower, while the more expensive option is getting faster.

ss821.jpg

Obviously they are attacking certain tiers and then going back to slow track moderns.

Assuming you saw what tiers went down, right?

On 8/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I forgot how much I owe them 

Never fear, CGC hasn't forgotten! :bigsmile:

But did you empty deleted mail? Shiuld be able to pull from there. Otherwise, I don't knowbhow to get a copy except by sending them the CGCxxxxxxxxxx order number when it was generated. 

On 8/22/2021 at 11:14 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Never fear, CGC hasn't forgotten! :bigsmile:

But did you empty deleted mail? Shiuld be able to pull from there. Otherwise, I don't knowbhow to get a copy except by sending them the CGCxxxxxxxxxx order number when it was generated. 

That's what I did lol hopefully hear from them tomorrow. The issue is ; my family and I are going on vacation and we had to pay off the room which cost more than expected and there went any extra I had for cgc charges. So now I have to wait tillnwe get back to see what I have left expense wise so I can get my books back. 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:22 AM, Ninja0215 said:

So now I have to wait tillnwe get back to see what I have left expense wise so I can get my books back. 

Yeah, I understand waits as an it is what it is thing. But their lackadaisical and unpredictable charging schedule is total BS. I switched to a CC dedicated just to CGC years ago, so when they randomly decide to charge multiple submissions over months all in one go, my mortgage don't bounce. And i get 1% cashback too.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Yeah, I understand waits as an it is what it is thing. But their lackadaisical and unpredictable charging schedule is total BS. I switched to a CC dedicated just to CGC years ago, so when they randomly decide to charge multiple submissions over months all in one go, my mortgage don't bounce. And i get 1% cashback too.

I found out that CGC shipped my most recent order after months of no activity because they finally decided to charge my card the day they shipped 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Hey this is a great idea!! I'm still new to the game so I had zero planning going into this lol