• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2021 at 8:31 AM, 123beeb said:

i have 2 modern orders

received 7-23 and 7-29

still say "scheduled for grading" for weeks ???

(these were shipped in may fyi)

Scheduled for Grading doesn't really mean anything as there is no indication *when* they will actually be graded.  Based on most of the recent posts on this board, it seems like the only status that actually means anything is "Shipped".  It used to be that Grading/Imaging/Encapsulation and Grading/Quality Control used to mean they would be shipped in the next day or two, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:07 AM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.7c324e803a77a51240729e9cc3038443.png

How long after grading/encapsulation/imaging did it take you to get the grades electronically? It's been a few months since I've gotten anything graded and I have some books that moved to grading last week. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, zoso99 said:

How long after grading/encapsulation/imaging did it take you to get the grades electronically? It's been a few months since I've gotten anything graded and I have some books that moved to grading last week. 

These FT Values went into GEI on August 30th but I've had moderns from June 3rd that haven't moved from Scheduled so CGC is all over the place and I can't predict when anything is going to be done. 

On 9/7/2021 at 11:05 AM, wombat said:

I know its crazy, but one would think "scheduled for grading" actually meant it was scheduled. Like we can look at a schedule and know when it will be graded. 

They're not going to that, because then we'd have yet another thing to complain about when our books aren't graded by the "Scheduled By" date lol. Not sure if anyone else has every noticed when receiving Pre-Screen rejects, but they used to sent them back with the CGC barcode label they use internally. This label indicated the submission number, when it was received, as well as an internal due date. The rejects I've gotten this year have all been graded well past that due date....

On 9/3/2021 at 8:39 AM, Aarrow108 said:

27x Modern Prescreen Non-FT
Received 4/1/21
GEI 8/27/2021
Grading/QC 9/3/2021

Shipped 9/7/2021

Not too bad.... 24 out of 27 passed prescreen. Though grader notes seem to indicate that there was some damage/mishandling on a few that were at the top of the stack of my submission. I'm over this whole damn process 2c

Anyone have anything in the old Value tier? I looked at the last few pages and didn't see any updates. I have books in there SFG on 5/18/21 (non-FT) and was wondering if anyone had books in that tier around that date? 

Edited by graffix13
typo

On 9/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, graffix13 said:

Anyone have anything in the old Value tier? I looked at the last few pages and didn't see any updates. I have books in there SFG on 5/18/21 (non-FT) and was wondering if anyone had books in that tier around that date? 

Sorry no, but don't get hopes up. I have FT Value, delivered 4/24 - so just after @bmdully been in G/E/I blackhole for about two weeks now. 

On 9/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Sorry no, but don't get hopes up. I have FT Value, delivered 4/24 - so just after @bmdully been in G/E/I blackhole for about two weeks now. 

Aye carumba 

I'm sure someone's books are being shipped, the sparce amount in this week back from cgc thread is concerning, but sometimes it was to begin with....

On 9/7/2021 at 4:11 PM, graffix13 said:

Not quite but my Fast Track Value was Received and Scheduled for Grading on 6/18. It went to GEI on 9/1.

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 9/2/2021 at 3:17 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Walkthrough - 1 (TAT - 12 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 09/01/21
  • Received - 09/02/21
  • SFG - 09/02/21
  • G/E/I - 09/02/21 (D + 1)
  • QC/F - 09/03/21 (D + 2)
  • Grading Quality Control (09/03/31)
  • CC Charged - (09/07/21)
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

This is weird. My Walkthrough went from QC/F to Grading/Quality Control???

Has anyone else seen this happen on any submissions since CGC abolished Grading/QC? (shrug)

Anybody know what this means?

On 9/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

This is weird. My Walkthrough went from QC/F to Grading/Quality Control???

Has anyone else seen this happen on any submissions since CGC abolished Grading/QC? (shrug)

Anybody know what this means?

Grading is part of GEI which stands for grading/encapsulation/image

So qc/finalized is the end

Edited by ADAMANTIUM