• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,129 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2021 at 3:37 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Though grader notes seem to indicate that there was some damage/mishandling on a few that were at the top of the stack of my submission. I'm over this whole damn process 2c

Yep, I feel your pain.  I had a book that came back with a 1/4 upper right corner bend the entire way through that *definitely* was not there when I sent it out as I press the books myself and would *never* send such a book out.  Graded as a 9.2 and should have been a 9.8.  The probability of this happening during shipment was pretty much zero as the box would have needed to be pretty severely damaged and other books likely would have been affected.  I'm over this process too until things stabilize a bit with CGC.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:14 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Sorry no, but don't get hopes up. I have FT Value, delivered 4/24 - so just after @bmdully been in G/E/I blackhole for about two weeks now. 

I also have a FT Value received on 4/28 which has been sitting for several weeks in the GEI pit of despair. 

On 9/7/2021 at 6:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Grading is part of GEI which stands for grading/encapsulation/image

So qc/finalized is the end

Well…that’s why I asked! Because It’s now sitting in an old outdated status.

AC3F5986-C2F0-4FB3-8080-6FBB76A819E7.thumb.jpeg.f206e35317c212074147e11df5f51e80.jpeg

I’m thinking that since they had not charged my CC yet (on 9/3) they put it in a “limbo” status like G/QC so that someone in shipping didn’t ship the box until I was charged. :juggle:
I was charged today.

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 9/7/2021 at 8:33 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Well…that’s why I asked! Because It’s now sitting in an old outdated status.

AC3F5986-C2F0-4FB3-8080-6FBB76A819E7.thumb.jpeg.f206e35317c212074147e11df5f51e80.jpeg

I’m thinking that since they had not charged my CC yet (on 9/3) they put it in a “limbo” status like G/QC so that someone in shipping didn’t ship the box until I was charged. :juggle:
I was charged today.

G/QC is the last step before Finalized/Imaged/Shipped.

GEI (grading/encapsulation/imaging) is before G/QC.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something your sub is going in the correct order without incident. 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:41 PM, Fisionbomb said:

G/QC is the last step before Finalized/Imaged/Shipped.

GEI (grading/encapsulation/imaging) is before G/QC.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something your sub is going in the correct order without incident. 

Not anymore. Check the status explanations. Quality Control/Finalized is the new status before Shipped.
Grading/Quality Control and Finalized/Imaged/Shipped was split into G/E/I - QC/F - Shipped.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:55 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Not anymore. Check the status explanations. Quality Control/Finalized is the new status before Shipped.
Grading/Quality Control and Finalized/Imaged/Shipped was split into G/E/I - QC/F - Shipped.

All mine says Grading/QC before shipped. It goes GEI/GQC and then shipped. it has been that way since they flipped it over a few months ago or whatever. I don't get QCF. 

On 9/8/2021 at 1:34 PM, carcrawfordfan said:

All mine says Grading/QC before shipped. It goes GEI/GQC and then shipped. it has been that way since they flipped it over a few months ago or whatever. I don't get QCF. 

Could have been the five minutes you or anybody didn't refresh, I wish it went faster for me.

Called once more just to see approximately when Jim Lee signing was is, and still got 2 different answers about modern mags from two different representatives.

Makes no difference 😜

On 9/7/2021 at 1:42 PM, Petroman said:

Scheduled for Grading doesn't really mean anything as there is no indication *when* they will actually be graded.  Based on most of the recent posts on this board, it seems like the only status that actually means anything is "Shipped".  It used to be that Grading/Imaging/Encapsulation and Grading/Quality Control used to mean they would be shipped in the next day or two, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

why post? "Now opening comic book submissions delivered the week of July 5th, 2021." or "Current Turnaround (working days)"

when do these start? scheduled for grading? received?

On 9/8/2021 at 2:15 PM, 123beeb said:

why post? "Now opening comic book submissions delivered the week of July 5th, 2021." or "Current Turnaround (working days)"

when do these start? scheduled for grading? received?

submission tat supposedly and according to cgc, start when delivered!!