• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Strangest thing happened today.
A modern slow boat shipment from September got marked as received (after 18 business days) then jumped to G/E/I end of day.
Anyone else have that happen recently?

Can provide some data in that my May modern shipment took 45 business days to be 'received' and June modern shipment took 40 business days.
Appears CGC is opening boxes sooner...
(Shipments from May and June still stuck in SFG)

On 10/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, umyeahwhatevers said:

A modern slow boat shipment from September got marked as received (after 18 business days) then jumped to G/E/I end of day.

Can provide some data in that my May modern shipment took 45 business days to be 'received' and June modern shipment took 40 business days.

My modern slow from 8/14 are still sfg, but these are the rumors on Facebook as well, that some are moving faster than others. FIFO be darned

On 10/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, thingsofstuff said:

I've had one in Quality Control/Finalized since 5/26 and when I call to ask, they just say "everything is fine."

This Is Fine Dog GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Dude, what? No....just NO not cool. I mean if they could say, "whoops wrong status set/premature. Still in queue" 

but nothing at all? That's all kinds of wrong. Especially considering horror stories of lost for 2 months then found, to start grading wait again. 

Best of luck @thingsofstuff

On 10/6/2021 at 12:55 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I have about 500-600 books at CGC currently, so unfortunately for me besides some Express invoices I haven't had a paycheck (aka my books back) in 2 months now.  CGC is now like an annuity.....eventually I will get to cash in lol

As long as I keep giving CGC 100-125 books per month eventually after a 12 month rolling calander cash advance business model I will have books back once a month maybe going forward. hm 

My regular modern 6/11's have stayed this way now for almost 2 weeks.  Now I do think by around Thanksgiving the clog of all the books that went from the grading room clog to encapsulation room then to shipping will finally be done.  You know all the books that shouldn't have been graded in the first place.  All the people who thought submitting their Secret Wars #8 in a 6.5 was worth the CCS/CGC then eBay fees.  Only now to get their books back with knowing they lost and everyone else won.   

Clog definition:  

Mostly books that should not have submitted or pressed in the first place.  

Old CGC pricing

People bored at home during covid and using FREE money to grade nonsensical books

Books submitted before the copper/modern had its price market correction (aka good for the hobby actually, and still up more than pre-covid levels so that is good))

People's hopes and dream crushed by December 2021 when they get their books back just in time for the holiday season only to realize they don't know what they are doing.    

684342247_ScreenShot2021-10-06at10_51_59AM.thumb.png.b6f9bbdb7e2ef6b21567b7609d76e46a.png

Second this post as it is the same boat I am in only at 300 books to be mailed back in waves sometime in November CGC gods willing. Once that starts unload all that marvel goodness that has just gone way up since even being submitted and keep buying silver/gold DC keys….

if all goes per plan tax return season will be a healthy one for me and sounds like you as well lol.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I have about 500-600 books at CGC currently, so unfortunately for me besides some Express invoices I haven't had a paycheck (aka my books back) in 2 months now.  CGC is now like an annuity.....eventually I will get to cash in lol

As long as I keep giving CGC 100-125 books per month eventually after a 12 month rolling calander cash advance business model I will have books back once a month maybe going forward. hm 

My regular modern 6/11's have stayed this way now for almost 2 weeks.  Now I do think by around Thanksgiving the clog of all the books that went from the grading room clog to encapsulation room then to shipping will finally be done.  You know all the books that shouldn't have been graded in the first place.  All the people who thought submitting their Secret Wars #8 in a 6.5 was worth the CCS/CGC then eBay fees.  Only now to get their books back with knowing they lost and everyone else won.   

Clog definition:  

Old CGC pricing

People bored at home during covid and using FREE money to grade nonsensical books

Books submitted before the copper/modern had its price market correction (aka good for the hobby actually, and still up more than pre-covid levels so that is good))

People's hopes and dream crushed by December 2021 when they get their books back just in time for the holiday season only to realize they don't know what they are doing.    

684342247_ScreenShot2021-10-06at10_51_59AM.thumb.png.b6f9bbdb7e2ef6b21567b7609d76e46a.png

Maybe try a real job...  

:shy:

:baiting:

On 10/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, 123beeb said:

July 1 is here, and as stated on March 30, we are reintroducing service levels on a tiered approach.

As our daily capacity continues to grow, we are able to accept more new orders while still committing over 90% of our daily capacity to the backlog.

Turner said that the company did not even have the capacity to open the packages submitted and process them accordingly. To ensure that they get back up to speed, PSA used the shutdown to upgrade their grading capabilities by using new technologies and hiring more people.

On 10/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, graffix13 said:

Yeah, I used to get excited when my books went into G/E/I but now after a week, I realize that G/E/I is the new SFG, which is the new Received. It's like CGC is playing mind games with us and drip feeding us dopamine. 

I think CGC has realized that people tend to get excited/content when there appears to be some movement in the system. I wouldn't be surprised if they added a few more tiers to the grading process to show progress:

Here's an example:

"Delivered"

"Received"

"Entered into the System"

"Scheduled for Grading"

"Currently being Graded"

"Graded"

"Encapsulation/Imaging"

"QA/QC"

"Packaged for Shipping"

"Shipped"

"Shipped for Real"

"Okay, we really mean it this time, just saw the box go out the door"

On 10/7/2021 at 8:08 AM, skybolt said:

I think CGC has realized that people tend to get excited/content when there appears to be some movement in the system. I wouldn't be surprised if they added a few more tiers to the grading process to show progress:

Here's an example:

"Delivered"

"Received"

"Scheduled for Grading"

"Currently being Graded"

"Graded"

"Encapsulation/Imaging"

"QA/QC"

"Packaged for Shipping"

"Shipped"

"Shipped for Real"

These should in between "Received" and "Entered into the System" to add dramatic effect:

"We may have lost your package, standby"

"Just playin'. We got it. Entered into the System AGAIN"

On 10/7/2021 at 8:51 AM, graffix13 said:

These should in between "Received" and "Entered into the System" to add dramatic effect:

"We may have lost your package, standby"

"Just playin'. We got it. Entered into the System AGAIN"

Good point. I think adding something like "Just checked, your books are sitting nice and comfy" between "SFG" and "Grading" would be really appreciated.

I am relatively new - have been sending in since May (busted open my collection from 30-40 years ago).

Anyway, I have 9 orders that were officially received/entered starting on 7/30.

Interestingly, none of them have moved beyond SFG, but the 4 most recent items received are shown in the photo - they were all mailed around 8/26-9/5.

Definitely not FIFO - and these aren't even express orders - they are Modern (and not even fast-tracked).  One was received on 10/4 and shipped back on 10/6 - I'll have it by next week.:

445169822_CGCGrading.thumb.jpg.0efa3b80109e0844fdd23bad1b59ebad.jpg

On 10/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Clog definition:  

Old CGC pricing

I actually think I am going to do that.  Since money markets are horrible.  Twice a month I will put half the money I used to put into my Money Market and every two weeks send out a batch of books.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:41 AM, toro said:

I actually think I am going to do that.  Since money markets are horrible.  Twice a month I will put half the money I used to put into my Money Market and every two weeks send out a batch of books.

Instead of Money market put some of that money into stock market.  

On 10/7/2021 at 8:08 AM, skybolt said:

Here's an example:

"Delivered"

"Went to vending machine for a snack "

"Received"

"Placed into the mountain of submissions "

"Reentering after 500 errors"

"Scheduled for Grading"

"Time for another snack"

"Currently being Graded"

"Time for the wheel of destiny "

"Graded"

"Let's see how many times the user reloaded the submission tracking page"

"Encapsulation/Imaging"

"What do you mean it's upside down? "

"QA/QC"

"Are the labels correct ?"

"Packaged for Shipping"

"Shipped"

"Sometimes we send these back to Scheduled for Grading"

"Shipped for Real"

FTFY 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Instead of Money market put some of that money into stock market.  

Better, but not great w/debt ceiling talks. I have portfolio w/47% in VOO S&P 500, rest various bonds, Intl, and mid-cap. has held steady enough, increasing overall, but lost quite a few gains in last two weeks.Traders are so panicky.

Anyway....COMICS! Need this TAT logjam to break. Kids' braces aint paying for themselves.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, umyeahwhatevers said:

I had the exact same thing happen yesterday.  Received on 10/6 then straight to GEI.  Maybe we got lucky. Or maybe it will sit there forever. 

Meanwhile all my other books from July just sit in SFG.